Out with the... New and in With the Old?

Dan drove back to their apartment, sobbing loudly the whole time. His eyes were stinging but he couldn't stop. He was speeding down roads, and running red lights. He was lucky he wasn't stopped by the police, but he was even luckier he didn't get into a wreck.

Dan's voice was scratchy, and his throat had a burning sensation going on. He got tired of hearing his own pitiful cries so he turned on "Greatest Hits from the 80's"-- a station he tended to listen to alot.

"Your Love" by the Outfield started playing. Dan loved this song. He did a cover in his "Under the Covers, part 2" album in Ninja Sex Party.

When he finally arrived at the apartment he felt sick to his stomach looking at it. This was his place, just with Arin's stuff in it. He clenched his fists tight at the thought of Arin.

Dan unlocked the door and walked inside. He flicked on the nearest light witch which illuminated the main room.

"He needs to go..." Dan decided, "but where to?"

Dan quickly remembered, while grabbing boxes to pack Arin's stuff, that Suzy kept the house which she was currently sharing with Holly. Obviously, Arin wasn't welcome there. Just because they broke up doesn't mean Dan still can't act politely and help Arin find a new place.

Dan kept thinking while he carefully grabbed Arin's folded laundry and placed it into a cardboard box labeled "CLOTHING."

Luckily they hadn't lived together that long, so Dan barely had to pack anything up. He searched the room to see if he'd forgotten anything. Dan spotted a light pink Sailor Moon t-shirt on the desk. He  picked it up to reveal a framed picture of Arin and Jon underneath. Dan's stomach churned as he picked up the picture and sat down on the bed. He looked over every detail of Arin. His long auburn hair. His kind, inviting smile. The way his nose slightly scrunched when he grinned. Dan's heart broke even more. Dan decided to text Arin.

He got out his phone and went to messages and clicked on Arin's contact which was labeled "Big Cat🐯💞."  Dan's heart stung when he saw that.

   messages

"Arin, I miss you, I love you so much you don't understand. Can we work this out?"
Send?
Yes.            No. 

Dan decided to hit "no", and typed a new message.

"All your stuff is packed. See if Jon is available for you to stay with."

The coldness in his own words were more than obnoxiously apparent. Dan sighed and began crying again. He couldn't help it. He felt useless and unwanted. He loved Arin. God, how Dan loved Arin. This was a man that Dan would marry in a heart beat... but not all dreams come true apparently.

His phone buzzed and lit up as he received a text.

"K, I'll come by and get my stuff."

That's all it said. No, "sorry, baby, I really do love you deep down, but I felt like this was for the greater good."? No, "Dan, I know I'm a big jerk, but I'm sorry."? Dan let out a yelp whilst hot tears stained his cheeks. His breathing became irratic as he was gasping for air. He was having a panic attack, and no one was there to help him go through it.

   "Dammit, Ar-Arin!" Dan yelped, "I really do l-love you..." he whined as he buried his face into a pillow and sobbed himself to sleep.