Future Best Friends

I don't know how it happened, but I ended up sleeping at Jennie's room. 

We were sleeping on the couch together and she clinged at my arm. It was hard getting rid of her grip without waking her up. She was cute, when she was sleeping. I stared at her for a long time, not exactly knowing why. I just enjoyed watching her sleep. 

But I had to wake her up, classes would start soon. But before I could reach out to wake her up, I heard my phone ringing. Shit. 

I picked up as fast as I could, so that Jennie wouldn't wake up in shock. 

"Hello?" I asked whispering. 

"Where are you? I wanted to have breakfast with you and you're not in your dorm room!" Luna said angrily. It was too early to say that I already ate and went out. 

"Luna, listen..." I tried to calm her down whispering, but she cut me off. 

"And why the hell are you whispering? Where are you, Jake?!" she shouted and I held the phone a few centimeters away, so my ear wouldn't be damaged. I sighed and thought of an excuse. 

"I went to a friend's dormroom yesterday. I ended up sleeping there, that's why I'm whispering. I don't want to wake my friend up." 

Well, I didn't lie. I heard Luna sighing at the other end. She didn't seem to be satisfied with my answer. 

"Okay then. I won't bother you and your 'friend' anymore. Bye." 

And with that she hung up, clearly angry. I just sighed in frustration. She could be so annoying sometimes! Or most of the time.  (A/N: Don't get me wrong, I love Luna)

I turned around to see a sleepy Jennie in front of me, rubbing her eye and yawning. Damn, she was cute. 

"Did you argue with your girlfriend again?" She asked concerned. 

I just nodded and Jennie approached me to hug my waist. She snuggeld up to my chest, still tired as hell. 

"I don't know you very long and I don't know your girlfriend, but everytime I see you and her talking, you end up fighting. This doesn't seem like a healthy relationship to me." 

I started patting her head. She was right. She was damn right. Luna and I didn't work out anymore. Everytime we spend time together, we ended up fighting, except when Amber was with us. But she couldn't be with us all the time. 

"I guess, I should break up with her." 

I felt Jennie's head moving a little and looked down, just to see her big puppy eyes right in front of me. 

"You sure?" 

"Yeah. It doesn't work out anymore. It's better like this." 

"Mhm, kay kay." She said and hugged me again. Then she begann to giggle. 

"Then we can spend more time together, without getting interrupted by a jealous girlfriend." 

I started laughing and moved my arms around her to finally hug her back. 

"Admit it, you just wanted me all for yourself." 

"Of course I want my future best friend all for myself." She giggled. Right. Best friend. 

We stayed like this for a few minutes, but I had to go to my dormroom to prepare for class. So I said goodbye to Jennie and got to my own room. 

I packed my things and went straight to the art department building. The first lesson was boring as hell because it was a basic course. I managed the basics more than well. 

I just sat there and looked at the blackboard when I felt my phone buzzing. It sneakily looked at the screen and saw a message from Jennie. 

"So when are you gonna break up with her?" 

I unlocked my phone and replied immediately. 

"After school I think. So she can concentrate on her classes today. I just hope that I won't meet her at lunch." 

Not even a minute later I got a reply. 

"We can eat lunch together. We'll just search a rather lonely place and eat there, so you don't have to see her in the cafeteria." 

I smiled at the thought of me and Jennie searching for our own secret lunch place. 

"I like the idea. Meet you at lunch in front of the cafeteria. We get our food and then get the hell out of there." 

Jennie just replied with a thumbs up. 

"Mr. Liu! Can you answer my question?" I looked up and saw the teacher looking at me. 

"Sorry?" 

"I just asked what Michelangelo's full name was. Do you know the answer?" 

Like seriously? No normal person could answer that. 

"It's Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni." Good for me, I'm not a normal person. I'm the biggest art nerd you can imagine. 

"Perfect. But now, please start paying attention because that wasn't my question in the first place." I just nodded and started listening. 

Thank god the next lessons were more interesting and time until lunch just flew by. 

When the bell rang, I ran over the campus to the cafeteria. I wanted to be there before Jennie. But she already stood in front of the door, clearly waiting for me. I stopped in front of her, catching my breath. 

"How did you get here so fast?" I asked and she giggled. 

"Had a free period just now and got here before classes were over." 

"Cheater." I exclaimed smiling and she took my hand, dragging me into the cafeteria. We got our food and ran out of the cafeteria. 

"Any idea for our own secret spot?" She asked and I looked at the sky thinking. 

Then my face lighted up. I took her hand and started dragging her to the art department buildings. 

"I found out that we grow some plants at the roof for those who get artistic with plants. There are some benches too and we can basically build our own little spot there." 

"Won't there be any other people who look after the plants?" 

"Nah, they just get there once a week and very early in the morning. The place is practically abandoned." I laughed and we climbed the stairs up to the roof. 

As soon as we got there, Jennie's face looked more than amazed. We sat down on a bench and enjoyed the view over the campus. We ate our lunch and talked about various things. 

Suddenly my phone began to buzz and I looked at the screen. Amber was calling me. I picked up. 

"Whassup Noona?" 

"Dude, where the heck are you? Luna is freaking out because of you. What the hell did you do this time?" 

I frowned. 

"Why is it always me who does something wrong? I didn't do anything. Just enjoying lunch with my..." I looked at Jennie. "...With my friend." 

"You already have a friend? Who is it? Can I meet... Ouch! Okay, okay, stop hitting me! Jake, could you please just come here before Luna actually kills me?" I heard Amber whining and sighed. 

"Sure. Be there in a minute." I hung up and looked at Jennie. 

"Seems like I gotta do it sooner than planned. I have to go to Amber and Luna before Luna decides to kill my sister." 

Jennie nodded and stood up. 

"I'll follow you. You might need some backup. I know girls like her, they don't just accept being dumped." 

And with that we started walking down the stairs. 

"Thanks, present best friend." 

Jennie smiled widely. 

"Sure thing, present best friend. Anything for you."