Puppy Date

Somehow I managed to get up from the couch without waking Jennie up. This girl had a deep sleep, really. 

I sat on a chair right across from the couch and I placed my sketchbook on my lap. I looked at Jennie and assured that she still was deep asleep. Then I started drawing. 

First the outlines, then her face with all its details. I really drew every detail. Every single hair that fell in front of her beautiful face. I watched her and I brought her sleeping figure perfectly on the paper. 

I was very proud of myself. Not just because I made such a perfect portrait, it was actually my first portrait ever and it was very good. I was proud that my first portrait was Jennie. 

If I asked her, I'm not sure if she would have said yes. But now I did it and she couldn't do anything against it. It already happened. 

Just in that moment I got a text message from Amber. 

"JackJack's coming this weekend." 

For a moment I forgot everything and started squealing. JackJack was my weak spot. I couldn't do anything about it. Jennie sat up straight and looked at me. 

"W-what's wrong, who died?" She asked and looked around. I chuckled and sat beside her. 

"Nobody died, it's alright. Sorry for waking you up, Jen. I was just excited." 

She looked at me with her big puppy eyes and tilted her head a little. "Excited? Why?" 

"Amber told me that JackJack will visit this weekend." I said smiling brightly. 

"JackJack? Who's that? Your little brother?" She asked and I laughed. 

"No dummy. JackJack's Amber's and mine puppy. This weekend is pet-visit-day. You're allowed to bring your pet if you have one and let it live with you for a weekend." I explained while pinching her cheeks. 

Her face immediately lit up and she smiled from ear to ear. 

"Really? My gosh, I should ask my mom to bring Kuma, my puppy. I'm pretty sure he and JackJack will be great friends, just like us!" 

My smile dropped a bit. Friends. Of course. So she wasn't interested. I really was just her best friend. My heart broke a bit, but I understood it. I just nodded in response.

A few days later I stood at the parking lot with Amber and Jennie. I was so excited to see JackJack again and to meet Jennie's puppy Kuma. 

Jennie's mom was the first who arrived. She got out of the car and hugged Jennie. Then she opened the backseat door and handed Jennie a brown fluff ball. Then she smiled at us, kissed Jennie's forehead and drove back home. 

Jennie turned around and showed us the little puppy she had in her arms. I smiled and got a bit closer. I let Kuma sniff my hand before stroking his soft fur. I chuckled when he licked my fingers. 

"Hey there, big boy. Wow, your fur is so soft. And you're very good-looking, just like your mommy." I said, glancing at Jennie. 

I saw her blushing, but my attention was drawn to a car that just arrived. 

"Mom!" I shouted and ran to the parking car. 

As soon as my mom got out of the car, I hugged her tight. 

"Where is he, where is he? Where is JackJack?" I asked excited and my mom brought him to me. 

"Heeey there, buddy! I'm so happy to see you again!" I said while taking him from my mother's arms. 

My mom hugged me and Amber and said goodbye a short time after. I went with Amber and JackJack in my arms back to Jennie, so she could meet him. She smiled at him and wanted to pat his head, but Amber interrupted her by imitating JackJack's human voice. 

"Get yo hands off me, hooman!" She said laughing and I smacked her arm. 

"Let's get to the park, Jennie. With the dogs, so they can play." I said and we walked off. 

"Hey! I want to play with JackJack too! Don't be back too late!" Amber shouted after us.

We went to a park nearby the campus and watched JackJack and Kuma play. They really got along well. 

"They're like best friends already. Just like us, we were best friends after a day too." Jennie said and smiled at the dogs. I hummed and forced a small smile. 

We sat there for a few minutes when I noticed an ice cream truck. I bumped Jennie's arm and pointed at the truck. She smiled and nodded. Then I got up to buy us both milk flavored ice cream. 

It took a while, because there was quite a line before the truck, but I got the ice cream. When I went back, I saw a guy sitting beside Jennie. He was very close and Jennie looked more than uncomfortable. I increased my speed. 

"Come on, babe. Don't be so shy." I heard the guy saying, but before Jennie could come up with an excuse, I stood right in front of him. 

"Sorry, it took a while. There was quite a line." I said handing Jennie her ice cream. 

"And you are?" The guy asked sternly standing up to go up to my level. I just stared at him. 

"I'm her boyfriend. So would you please back off from my girl?" I asked, clearly emphasizing the 'my girl' part. 

He snorted angrily and walked away. I sat beside Jennie and she sighed. 

"Thanks. You really saved my ass. I didn't know what to say to him." 

I laughed and licked my ice cream. 

"Yeah, I saved your beautiful ass." I mumbled, but she didn't hear me. 

I didn't make any moves on her, even though I wanted to. I knew she didn't. So we just hung out, like best friends did.

Suddenly Jennie spoke up. 

"Hey, Jake... You'll stay, right?" She asked and I looked at her, confused. 

"What do you mean? Of course I'm going to stay." I answered and she giggled. 

"Of course. Just forget that question."

---------------------------------------------------
A/N: Hey guys, I'm baaaack~
Well, what should I say. I really had fun this weekend with my friends, but now that I'm at home, I realized again how freaking tired I am 😂 I always woke up about 5 a.m. or 6 a.m. EVEN THOUGH OUR ALARM WAS SET FOR 7:45 A.M.!!! But I'm not just tired, also hungry and thirsty (I literally survived from toast for the past 3 days)
But still, I had fun. And now, before I finally start to live healthy again, I decided to update, because you had to survive 3 days without one 😂 You're welcome. I hope you liked it.