Feeling down

A week passed and Amber and Luna still seemed to hate me. They didn't look at me or talked to me. 

I understood that Luna didn't want to talk to me. But my own sister? She was rather on her best friend's side than on her little brother's. That hurt. 

I was feeling down the whole week. Not even Jennie could cheer me up. I noticed her effort while trying to make me feel better and I felt bad that it didn't worked. I really appreciated to have a friend like Jennie. 

I was sitting at my desk doing some sketches for a project when I felt arms sneak around my neck. 

"How did you get in?" I asked my best friend, turning to face her. 

"Dude, you gave me the key like 4 days ago." She said backing off. 

I hit my head with my palm playfully and she let out a soft giggle. 

"I just wanted to check on you. You know, being the best best friend you ever had." 

"Well, you're doing a good job. We know each other for about 9 days and you were already a better best friend than my best friend in middle school." 

Jennie's smile grew and she bowed a bit. 

"I feel so honored to hear that, Mr. Liu. I will continue with my quest of cheering you up, even if I shall die!" She puffed her cheeks and saluted in front of me. 

For the first time this week I actually managed to laugh at her behavior. I heard a quiet "Finally" before I stopped laughing again. 

"Thank you, my knight in shining armor." Jennie giggled and sat down on my lap. 

"Shouldn't normally the boy be that knight?" 

I just shrugged and turned back to my sketches. Jennie supported her upper body with her elbows on my desk while I put my head on her shoulder and started drawing again. She watched my hand for a couple of minutes. 

"You're really good. I probably could never draw like that." 

I murmured a thanks and concentrated on my drawing again. 

"Jake? Aren't you uncomfortable with me sitting on your lap?" 

I turned my head to look at Jennie. 

"Uhm, no? Why should I?" 

She just shook her head and whispered a nevermind. I just shrugged it off and continued drawing with Jennie on my lap. 

Another week passed and I just managed to get a better mood when Jennie was with me. Without her, I was just a grumpy Jake who had the first fight ever with his sister. 

Luna started to talk to me again. She was still hurt, but she finally realized what I meant when I broke up with her. She thought about it and realized that we were only fighting. 

The only one who still seemed to hate me was Amber. I didn't know why. Luna forgave me. She wanted to be friends again and Amber was still mad as hell at me. 

I didn't know what to do and I wanted to talk with Jennie about it. I found her when she was on her way to dance classes and dragged her slightly away. 

"Jennie, can we meet after school?" I asked, but Jennie looked somehow sad. 

"I'm sorry. I'm gonna meet Luna after school. Sorry Jake. I have to go." She apologized and I was confused. Since when did Jennie and Luna get along? 

I just shrugged it off and got to my own class. It was art history. Great. I just sat there and I was bored as hell. 

Suddenly I felt someone pinching my arm. I turned around to see a boy sitting next to me. 

"You seem down. Well, actually you seemed down for two weeks now. And I didn't see you with any other guys from art department. You need a friend?" 

Damn, he was really straight forward. But he was somehow right. I didn't made any friends in art department. So I just nodded at his question. 

"I'm Joosun. Nice to meet you." He held out his hand and I took it. 

"My name is Jake." 

He smiled and wrote something on a piece of paper. Then he looked at me and handed me the paper. 

"Just text or call me if you wanna hang out." 

I smiled slightly and nodded. "Thanks. I will."

------------------------------------------------
A/N: Hey there 😁 please don't forget to vote and comment 😘
Author-nim is out!