New Girlfriend

Some time passed. 

I hung out with Krystal and Jennie most of the time, seperated of course. Jennie seemed to be a little off these days. Maybe she got a bad grade and was sad about it, or she had a fight with her friends. But then she would have told me. 

"Jennie, are you okay?" I asked her when she was sitting on my sofa with that straight face I didn't like. 

"I'm fine." She said, not looking at me. I was worried, so I sat beside her and felt her forehead. 

"Are you sick by any chance?" I asked as I leaned my forehead against hers, only a few inches between us. 

"You're red too." 

"I-I said, I'm fine!" She said as she pushed me away. 

"W-why do you even care?" She mumbled, but I still could hear it. 

"Why I care? Because you are important to me! You're my best friend, I want to watch out for you. That's why I care!" I explained slightly offended. 

"Right..." Jennie mumbled and stood up. 

"I'm tired. See you tomorrow." And with that she left me. My heart started to hurt. 

"Why are you doing this to me, Jennie Kim? Why can't I just love you as my best friend? Why has it to be more?" I said more to myself. 

"You hurt me, Jennie Kim. Why can't you just return my feelings?"

The next day I met Krystal at a café. She wanted to tell me something and it seemed to be important. 

We sat there, staring at each other, but no one said a word. Then after minutes of silence, she finally spoke up. 

"So, Jake... I want to tell you something." I nodded and told her to go ahead. 

"So... You remember my question, when I came here and we were catching up? What if I told you that I liked you?" 

I looked at my intertwined fingers and thought about it for a second. 

"Yeah, I thought about this question. But why do you ask?" I asked and looked back at her. I saw her cheeks turn red as she tried not to look away from me. 

"Well... The thing is that I really like you, Jake. I want you to be my boyfriend." She said, straight forward as she was. 

My eyes widened a bit and my thoughts began to spin inside my head. What should I say? I loved Jennie. But with our relationship and the attitude she had towards me the past few days, I was pretty sure that Jennie and I would never happen. 

I was sad about that fact, but I needed to forget my feelings and move on. And Krystal was the perfect opportunity. Maybe I could move on and fall for her. 

"Alright. I'll be your boyfriend." I said and fake smiled a bit. 

I would have been happier if Jennie had confessed to me, but Krystal was awesome too. She was smart, gorgeous, and funny and we got along well. So we could try being a couple. 

My fake smile turned into a real one. I just wanted to enjoy my time with her. Krystal began to squeal and she hugged me tightly. So... Krystal and I were a couple now.

Some days passed and my sister found out pretty quickly that Krystal and I were dating. First she looked at me weirdly, but then she wished me good luck with her. 

Luna found out too and she was happy for us. Even Rosé and Lisa wished us good luck. Joosun just nodded in approval. 

The only one who seemed angry about it was Jisoo. She glanced at me and stopped talking to me, because I was "so blind and too stupid to notice what was going on". I had no idea what she meant but I had the feeling that I would find out soon. 

I haven't told Jennie yet. She was busy with an important project, so I didn't want to bother her. But I planned on telling her today at lunch. I was sitting on the bench at our spot and waited for her. 

"Sorry, I'm late. I had to give Rosie her sweater back." She said as she sat down beside me. 

I just smiled at her, happy that she wasn't that cold towards me anymore. 

"Why are you smiling like an idiot, huh?" She asked smiling as she pinched my cheeks. I chuckeld and grabbed her wrists to guide them away from my face. 

"You know, I actually want to tell you something. It's important, so please listen well." 

She sat up straight and looked right into my eyes. I watched her and lost myself for a moment in her brown orbs, but I got back to reality really quickly. 

"Stop it, you wanted to forget your feelings." I thought and took a deep breath. 

Jennie was still waiting for me to tell her the news with a smile on her face. 

"Okay listen... Krystal and I are a couple now. I have a new girlfriend!" I announced in excitement. But Jennies smile dropped. 

"W-what's wrong?" I asked slightly shocked. I thought she would be happy for me. Jennie shook her head and smiled again. But this smile looked different. 

"It's nothing. I'm happy for you. Good luck with Krystal!" Then she said that she had something important to do and left me alone. Again. 

"You confuse me, Jennie Kim..." I mumbled.

------------------------------------------------
A/N: We boys are really stupid sometimes, am I right? 😂
Well, I hope you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment 😊❤️