There are different ways to feel pain

I still stood in front of Jennie. I was shocked about her sudden confession. My heart skipped some beats and I had mixed feelings. 

I couldn't think straight and as a result, my body didn't do what I wanted it to do. I wanted to hug Jennie tightly, tell her that I love her too. But instead, I ran away. 

I ran down the stairs, bumped into the walls and continued running. When I left, I heard Jennie's sobs and I wanted to stop running, but I couldn't. 

I just stopped because I bumped into Joosun and we fell on the ground. 

"Woah, man. Chill, why are you running like that?" I looked at him with tears in my eyes. 

"I-I don't know!" I cried and he hugged me to comfort me. 

"Shh, it's gonna be alright. Calm down." He patted my back and I managed to calm down. 

"Now tell, what's the problem?" He asked and I looked at him. 

"You know that I'm together with Krystal, right? Well, to be honest, I only agreed because I wanted to forget my feelings I had towards Jennie. And now... Jennie just confessed to me that she loves me! I was overwhelmed." I explained and he nodded. 

"But you love her back, right?" He asked and I nodded. 

"Then tell Krystal that you love someone else and go to Jennie. If not, you'll just hurt all three of you." He said and I was speechless. I never knew Joosun had experience with girls. But he was absolutely right. 

I stood up and thanked him. Then I ran to Krystals room. I knocked hesitantly and she opened the door. 

"Krystal, I'm sorry, but I have to tell you the truth." I started. 

"I... I'm actually in love with Jennie. I agreed to the relationship, because I wanted to forget my feelings for her. But I can't. And I don't want to hurt all three of us." I explained and expected her to hit me, so I closed my eyes. But the impact never came. Instead, I heard her giggle. 

I looked at her in confusion and she smiled brightly. 

"I kinda thought so already. It's okay for me, really. I just want you to be happy. And now go and get your girl!" She said and winked at me. I hugged her quickly and ran off again. 

I searched for Jennie but I couldn't find her. I went to the roof, to her room and to mine. Then I decided to ask Jisoo. She would know where she is. I ran to Jisoos room and just burst in. 

"What do you want here?" She asked angrily. 

"Where's Jennie?" I asked breathing heavily. She just crossed her arms and looked at me. 

"Why do you care after you broke her heart multiple times?" She asked and I felt guilty. 

"B-Because I love her too! I was just overwhelmed earlier when she confessed to me, I couldn't handle that sudden confession. But she needs to know my true feelings for her, I held in for so long!" 

Jisoos expression changed into a shocked one and she seemed speechless. "I-I think she might have gone to the park across the campus. But she seemed really off, you should hurry, before something happens to her." 

I nodded and started running again. Good thing I had a great amount of stamina or else I would have been dead by now. 

I sprinted outside the dorms and towards the campus gates. There I stopped for a second and looked around. 

And I found Jennie, she was just crossing the street. But she didn't notice the car that drove towards her. It would hit her! 

"JENNIE!" I screamed and ran towards her. 

She turned around and when she saw the car, she froze. I managed to get there in time and I pushed her from the road before everything went black.

Jennie PoV

I wanted some time alone. I wanted to cry alone. 

I was on my way to the park across the campus and was just crossing the street. I only stared at my feet while walking. Suddenly I heard someone scream my name. 

"JENNIE!" I turned my head and saw a car driving right towards me and it didn't seem to slow down. It would hit me. 

I closed my eyes and waited for the impact, but the impact I felt was different from what I expected. Something pushed me to the side before the car could hit me. 

And when I opened my eyes to see what happened, I saw who was hit by the car. 

"JAKE!"

--------------------------------------------------
A/N: Plottwist, yeeaah
I kinda feel bad for hurting Jake, but now your imagination is asked. I want to know what you think, how will the story continue?
Write your suggestions in the comments, I'm looking forward to read them 😊