What If...?

Krystal and I sat inside a café. Of course, Amber was with us. She wanted to catch up with Krystal too. 

So we were sitting here and chatted. We talked about all sorts of things, we haven't seen each other for years. 

"So Jake, I heard you and Luna broke up?" Krystal asked suddenly. I choked at my drink because I wasn't prepared for this question. Amber patted my back and I calmed down. 

"Y-yeah. We broke up a while ago. It didn't work out. But we're still friends." 

"Oh, I'm glad to hear that. I mean the part that you're still friends." Krystal said and I nodded. 

Luna and Krystal knew each other too and they got along well. 

"Can I ask you something? Like just hypothetical." Krystal asked suddenly. But before I could answer I saw how Amber stood up and that caught my attention. 

"Oh don't mind me. I just have to use the bathroom, go ahead with your conversation. I'll be right back." And with that she left us alone. 

I turned back to Krystal and caught her staring at me. Maybe she just waited for her answer, so I shrugged it off. "Yeah sure. Go ahead and ask." 

"So, just hypothetical... If someone told you that she liked you, would you want to be in a relationship again?" She asked and I stared at her. What's with that kind of questions? 

"Uhm, yeah I think so." I answered. 

"And what if someone you are really close with told you that she liked you?" I just tilted my head. Krystal somehow smirked at me. 

"What if I told you that I like you?"

- Time skipped -

I sat on my bed and this one question wouldn't go out of my head. "What if...?" 

What if someone I was close with told me that she liked me? What if Krystal told me that she liked me? Would I return her feelings? Would I reject her? Would I cringe and just see it as a joke because we are childhood friends? What would I do? 

Suddenly I heard a soft knock on my door. I thought it was Jennie, so I just yelled that the door was open. But when the person who knocked came in, it wasn't Jennie. It was Krystal.

"Hey, babyboy." I rose my eyebrow. 

"Since when did you start calling me like that again? I thought it stopped when we went to elementary school. And I'm not a baby anymore!" I complained jokingly and Krystal giggled what made me smile. 

"What do you want here, babygirl?" I teased her and she threw a pillow from my sofa at me. I laughed and threw the pillow back at her. A few minutes later we started a pillow fight.

Jennie PoV

I was on my way to Jakes room. I wanted to apologize for being so pissed earlier. I just wanted that he gave me some attention, not his stupid childhood friend... 

Oh no, now I'm starting to offend someone I don't even know because of my stupid jealousy. I shouldn't do this, Krystal seems to be a nice person. And Jake likes her. 

I turned around the corner where Jakes room was only a few steps away. But when I turned around that corner I saw Krystal standing in front of his room. I quickly hid behind the wall. 

She knocked and Jake told her to come in. What I heard next left me shook. 

"Hey, babyboy." 

What? Did she just call him babyboy? Like a pet name you would give your boyfriend? But they weren't together, they're just childhood friends! 

I moved closer to the door and tried to eavesdrop their conversation, to find out if they were a couple or not. 

"What do you want here, babygirl?" 

My heart stopped for a second. He did it too. He... 

I stepped away from the door. My head felt empty. I couldn't really think. And I didn't notice that a single tear run down my cheek. I just turned and went back to my room when I heard them laugh inside Jakes room.