Chapter 8: The Proposal

SASA & GEGE POV

“You were just a dream that I once knew

I never thought I would be right for you

I just can't compare you with anything in this world

You're all I need to be with FOREVERMORE”

For the past few days, Sarah is too busy preparing for her major solo concert in the newly open SM MOA Arena.   Gerald has been very supportive, although   not physically, but every day, he sees to it that food has been delivered for his princess and the whole staff and crew.  He adjusted his schedules and advised his handler and manager to limit  the events that he will be attending to.  Together with his Ken, Ate Shine, Fred, Yeng, Shin, and all his basketball team, they are formulating the plans for the  big event that will happen coinciding with the major solo concert and the scheduled soft opening of his sporty business.  They are all excited.

Then the big day arrived,  July 21, exactly seven months after they become lovers,  and the  staging of the major solo concert of Sarah at the SM MOA Arena,  everyone are excited.  As early as 6:00 am, Gerald went to Sarah’s house  and prepare a special breakfast for her princess.

Alarm ringing... Wake up Baby Girl, my princess... then the music  aired... “What makes you beautiful to me”....  Sarah woke up and do some stretching exercises.  Then she heard the knock to her door,  Sarah:  The door is open Mommy (thinking that it was her mommy who knocked and will be waking her up.   She continues what she was doing and didn’t realize that Gerald was already inside her room.

Gerald:  Lovely morning Baby Girl.    Sarah:  Ayy, kalabaw!!!   ..while she tumbled back to her bed.  What are you doing here?  You’re so early. 

 Gerald: (kissed Sarah on her head).  I wanted to make sure that you are okay and physically ready for your big event tonight, princess.  Here’s your breakfast.  Tita said that you have to take your meals light so I just brought you fruits and yogurts, your favorite.  

Sarah patted her bed and said, Join me here, and let’s eat what you have brought me.  Gerald obliged and sits beside her.    He feed Sarah like a baby and every time a spill will get out her mouth, he remove it with his finger and let it linger on her lips, which Sarah playfully tried to bite.   Laughter filled the room until they finished eating.  Then Gerald lifted Sarah up and carry her to her bathroom, he then push her towards the shower and like Big Brother ordered her to take her bath and prepare for they have to be in the venue early for the final rehearsal.   He said, he will just wait for her downstairs.  Before he can left the room, Sarah again like a child tickled Gerald  and said  hey, you sound like Mommy,  then  touched Gerald face and lovingly said:  Thank you Babes for  all the love and support, then kiss him on his lips.  Then she run back to the bathroom and closed the door.  Gerald then heard his princess singing,  with a smile on his face, he went down and join the Geronimo clan in the dining room while waiting for her princess.

Mommy D:  Have you told her?      Ate Shine and Gab:   Mom, it will no longer be a surprise if Ge will tell her.  Imagine, we tried as much as possible to keep it secret.  Everyone laughed, while Daddy  D just listen and seem to be thinking.   Mommy D:   Daddy, why the sad face, we should be happy that Gerald is able to adjust to the changing moods of our princess.  We know that Sarah will be in good hands.     Daddy D:  No am not worried, it is just that, my little girl is already a woman, and that in the near future will no longer be with us.

Gerald:  Please don’t worry, she will not be leaving you, we will just be around the corner. Rest assure, I will be taking good care of her. 

Ate shine/Ate Joana:   Let’s stop discussing the issue, who knows what Sarah’s reaction will be once she heard about this.  So Gerald, are you really ready?   Gerald said, you know how much I prepared for this, and I am really grateful that you have accepted me in your family.  I feel complete and excited about this.  Then they heard that Sarah is coming down.