Chapter 18: An Everlasting Love

“Eternal Love 

Is all that I have to give 

It's only for you I live 

You're all that I've got 

Just say you love me 

And that no one else 

Can ever make you feel the same”

SARAH’s POV

Sarah is seen sitting in her favourite chair locating outside the window overlooking the garden pool.  She smiles as she looked into the photo album besides her.  This is a beautiful morning, the sun is shining and the flowers in the garden are all in bloom.  Sarah has just finished talking and sharing her love story to her grandchildren, the little angels, sons and daughters of Andrew, Andrei and Ashley.  They have a scheduled family reunion and everyone have been busy preparing for the occasion.     Asher will coming from her successful US tour and will be bringing with her fiancé.  

How fast time flies, Sarah remember when she first met Gerald, how her parent prevented her from getting closer to him, how Gerald struggle to prove to her parents and to her fans that he is sincere about his feelings for Sarah.  She was so naive at that time and had been so dependent on what people say specially her parents.  They dictated and rule her life, until that day, when Gerald saved her life.

Something's wrong 

I don't understand 

The way I feel 

I don't know just where I am 

There is some mistake 

What am I doing here 

Away from you 

Where I belong 

It was during one of her ASAP production number, she was scheduled to do somersaulting exhibition and fire dancing.  As usual, Gerald just watched me from afar, when the freaked accident happened, the stage where I have to jump collapse and the lighted torches fell which causes the stair to flare up.  Out of nowhere, Gerald came to the rescue; he was immediately beside me and lifting me away from the collapsing stairs.  I was save with little bruise but Gerald was hurt and has to be hospitalized.  He didn’t tell anyone that he was hurt, he wanted to see me first to be okay, he hold my hand and I looked at him crying and said thank you.  He whispered “I love you”, I will be your saviour even if it will cause my life.  Then he collapsed.   He suffered a third degree burn on his shoulder.

It isn't fair 

Keeping us apart 

And in return 

I'm left with just my broken heart 

I close my eyes 

I feel you close to me 

I'm in your arms 

Where I belong 

Mommy has never liked him for me before.  She was very vocal at that time that she has these gut feelings that I will not be happy with Gerald.  With his looks, she said, I will just suffered and be a battered wife because he will not be contented with only one woman in tow.     When did she changed her mind and conceded to allow Gerald visit me at the house and courted me.  Without me knowing it, Gerald had set a meeting with Mommy and Daddy, he bare his soul to them, he shed off his matinee image and tell them everything about him, his family and his background, his dreams and his love for me.  He said to them, he was willing to sacrifice even his life just to prove how much he loves me, and he was not expecting anything from me, except to allow him to court me and show his true intention.  Daddy accepted him and allows him to do his courting.  As usual mommy has reservations.