Chapter 11: The Vows

Sasa &  Gege POV

“This very moment, right here and now

Begins the journey of my dreams

On to forever, hand in hand

With the one who matters most to me

I have tomorrow to look forward to

For God has given me you”

In one of the finest hotel in Clark Pampanga, the most awaited moment will be celebrated.  Today is Gerald’s 26’th year birthday, and the best gift he wished for,  three years ago will be granted.  He was the luckiest guy in the whole universe. 

Gerald woke up at around 3:00 am.  He can no longer contain his excitement; at long last his greatest wish to make Sarah his wife will come true.  He browses over his Ipad where he saved all the beautiful memories he and Sarah  had during their courtship.  He is in the reminiscing  “kilig” moments which put a smile on his face, when Ken entered his room.  Kuya, you’re still awake.  You will look haggard on your wedding day.  It’s still too early, you have to rest, why that smile?  Gerald:  just looked at him smiling.  I don’t know what I am feeling right now, so full of excitement; my heart is bursting with so much happiness.  This is it.  The most wonderful moment I’ve been dreaming off; my best birthday gift from God.  Ken, thank you for supporting me all throughout my journey, in times when I almost give up, you were always there to perk me up.  

Gerald and Sarah are billeting in separate hotel.  Gerald, his family and his entourage are billeted near the venue, while Sarah, her family and the bride’s entourage and sponsors are in the Mimosa Hotel.  Sarah occupied the Presidential Suite room of the hotel.    As early as 4:00 a.m., everyone in the hotel are so excited and busy preparing for the “day”.    Sarah:  Mommy, why am I feeling, this way, I  can’t explain, my heart is beating so fast; how will I act; am I ready?   She hugged Mommy D tightly while crying.  Mommy D:  Hey hey, don’t cry, your eyes will popped, it will not looked good.  Okey?  You want us to call off the wedding; I’ll call  Ge and tell him that you change your mind. While Mommy massaging Sarah’d back.

Sasa:  No no,  Mommy, it’s not that, you know how much I love him and we’ve been waiting for this special day.  Mommy:  So stopped emoting and prepare yourself, wash your face; Tita Fanny is here to make your face.  In just two hours, you will have to make your vow with Gerald.  Sarah again hugged Mommy D.  Thank you Mommy. I love you so much.   Mommy D:  Love you too Princess... you know how much... okay go go  . pushing sarah towards the bathroom.  After Sarah left, tears started to fall, my baby.

Sarah’s gown is pure white studded with Swarovski stone imported from abroad, it’s train is more or less 10 meters; she will look regal and so ethereal,  like a true Queen.   Everyone around her are so excited, her Ate shine and Ate Joana are already ready, they are all so beautiful in their respective gowns.  All the gowns  are beautifully made by the team led by the most prestigious  couturier in the country.  Then the whole family, Daddy D, Mommy and her siblings have their photograph, Daddy D is teary eye while looking at his Princess.

After all the photo ops, Sarah and the whole entourage went down to the waiting cars which will bring them  to the site. The wedding ceremony will start at 6:00 a.m. as chosen by the couple, they wanted to have it at the first light of the day to witness their exchange of vows.

The venue is on top of the hills where a small chapel/altar is built, then  the surrounding  is decorated to suit the theme, the couple's  choice. There are so many flowers mostly white (tulips, orchids and white roses) used for the decorations, there are some pecks of blue, pink, and  yellow flowers, to highlight the designs but everything is pure white;  It picture mostly the wishes of Sarah, Gerald wanted to give his princess the best and most memorable day fitted for a queen.  Gerald’s entourage and the special sponsors, including “the company and Jed Madela, who will be singing the chosen songs for the wedding.  Gerald can not contained his emotion, he is so emotional and trying to control his tears.  His  Dad approached him and talked to him, giving him some calming advises, together with Ryan, Sen. Kiko Pangilinan, Tito Boy, Mr. Johnny Manahan, his best friend Fred.  Then they laughed and kidded him that he is so nervy.  Then the Church bell sounded, signalling the start of the ceremony.  Everyone went to their respective places.