Chapter 3: The Test

“When the road seem so long and endless

And all you see is nothing but darkness

Don’t give up just walk on

Have faith in your heart

For my love will see you through”

Gerald spends the night at the Geronimo’s residence.   He felt a sense of belongings; he really envied Sarah for having such wonderful family.  He truly misses his Mom but equally missed his father who is living with his other family in the US.     He is now intrigued why Mommy D is being pictured negatively by the movie press.  He can’t see anything wrong in how Mommy D protect and handle Sarah’s career.  If he was in the shoe of Mommy D, he will do the same.  Sarah is such a precious, beautiful, naive and soft-hearted person.  She is so kind, so gentle and shy but charming person.   She tried to accommodate every request specially coming from her fans.  He though, if given the chance, he will be the luckiest man on earth and he promise to protect her at all cause, even to the point of giving his own life. 

Sarah noticed he is so deep in thoughts so when she tried to call his attention, Gerald was caught unaware when she tickled him.....  Hoy, Mr. Anderson, why so serious?  Your looks mean something.  Do you have problems?  Tell me, maybe I can help you as long as it is not about basketball, I am not an expert on that topic.    They are sitting close to each other with their feet soak in the pool.    Her family has already called it a day and resting in their respective rooms. 

Gerald holds the hands of Sarah:   You may have heard that I publicly announce that I am courting you.  Please do not let it pressure you that you have to reciprocate my feelings if you are not yet ready.  I understand your fear of getting into a relationship.  I am willing to wait until you are ready.    But please don’t make me stop showing you how much I love you.   Every day, even if we will not be physically seeing each other, always remember that you are here inside my heart (bringing her hand on his chest) and here in my mind.  You are the woman that I will cherish and want to marry and be the mother of my children in the near future. 

Sarah feels the sincerity of Gerald, as much as she wanted to verbalize her feelings, she is being held back by this notion that she is not yet ready for any serious relationship.  She said to him:  Ge, you know you are already occupying a very special part of my life and my family.  I cherish every moment that we are together.  You make me smile again and for that I am really very grateful.   I can’t say that I don’t have feelings for you, ‘cuz it will be a lie.  But please give me enough time to be ready.  

Gerald:   Ssshh..   (Kissing Sarah on her forehead) Don’t fret about it.    Like you, I wanted our relationship to be free from any hassles.  When the right time comes, I will the luckiest guy in the world.    All am I asking, for you not to think that I will give up on our pursuit to be your man.  So whatever you hear, whatever you read and see, doesn’t believe unless I am the one who told you about it.  As much as possible, I will be telling you everything and be faithful and honest.  I will never do anything that will caused you pain.    

In the world where we are now, there are so many uncertainties, artificialities and pretentions.  But it is up to us to maintain our individual selves outside this world.  We will keep our relationship private.   Just remember, as long as we TRUST each other, nothing will ever come between us.    Remember, we may not see each other as often as we want to, but our hearts and mind are connected with one another.  Feel how my heart beats....  this will only stop beating when I lose you. It will the end of my life.  

He hugged Sarah tightly and kissed her in her forehead.

The next day..... 

As a consequence of my previous action,   my manager and handler were instructed to release information to negate my statement and make it appear that I just mix-up.  The Star builders issued several notices to the public that there is no truth in the rumoured courtship with Sarah and the real truth is that me and Jewel Mische is the Real Item.    Star builders has published the promotional sweet photos of me and Jewel, occupied the front page of the morning newspaper.