~Part 7~

Rapunzel was lounging around in her room. Wearing her sweatpants and comfy T shirt, in bare feet (She hates wearing shoes) She was reading her favourite book for the 6th time and listening to some beautiful melodies. Her phone started to ring so she rolled out of her bed and picked up her phone, not bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Hello?" She asked quickly swallowing some chocolate in her mouth.

"Hello?" Jack said, more like asked "It's er... It's Jack" He muttered

"Oh Hi!" Rapunzel replied cheerfully and put her hand on her hip.

Jack paced quickly back and forth around his living room"You're gonna stand me up," He said quite worried "You're gonna stand me up I can feel it, I can feel it in my bones, I'll be devastated." He said quickly, still pacing.

Rapunzel immediately go into action. It was true she was thinking about standing him up and was close to doing so. "No, no, no,no I'm getting ready right now," She said quickly pulling her long hair out from it's ponytail. She then began to reach over her bed for her makeup bag.

"What so you weren't going to stand me up? You weren't lounging around in your sweatpants watching TV?" Jack asked smugly knowing that she was. He could tell that she was that type of girl when he met her.

Rapunzel was in shock. She paused and said "No I wasn't watching TV." She wasn't lying she wasn't watching TV she was reading. "I'm getting ready to meet you at the place at... erm... what time was it again?" She asked. When Jack told her what time to meet there she wasn't really listening.

Jack chuckled at the obvious stressed blonde on the other end of the phone before answering "8 o'clock"

Rapunzel stopped rushing around her room realising that she didn't have enough time to get ready "Right. So 8:15. Ok" she said and hung up before Jack could protest.

*~*~*~*~*

Rapunzel headed downstairs to see her father relaxing on the couch. He looked over at Rapunzel to see her all dressed up. He rose up from his seat and headed towards her as she looked for her keys. She looked over at him and noticed that he was waiting for her to explain where she was going. "I'm going out." She said

"I can see that" he said as he watched her look around for her keys.

"Well you are a trained investigator" she said sarcastically.

"Who are going with?" He asked. He asked out of interest not because he was too protective of his daughter, he let her go out when she wanted as long as she was back by a certain time.

"A boy from school." She said simply, still searching the house.

"Oh ok." Craig said. He reached around the door frame and picked up Rapunzels keys that she was still looking for and handed it over to her.

Rapunzel took the keys with a sigh. She thought that he was being over protective. "I wasn't asking for permission." She said before heading to the door

"I know, just have fun." He said taking out his wallet. "Do you want cab fair?" He asked knowing she would willingly accept. Rapunzel turned on her heels and walked back to her dad. He handed her a 20 dollar note. However Rapunzel held her still held her hand out waiting for more. Craig rolled his eyes at his daughters behaviour before handing her another note.

She then turned back to the door "Do you want me to wait up?" She heard her father ask. She turned to him and glared at him. She knew what he meant and hated it when he was even the slightest bit protective of her. He father then burst into laughter knowing that he had annoyed her before she left the house.

*~*~*~*~*

Jack had taken Rapunzel to an outside Italian restaurant. They were both seated at a table with a beautiful view. They was a silence between the two while they were looking through the menu. The waiter then came to their table to take their order.

"What deserts do you have?" Rapunzel asked. Jack looked at her with confusion before the waiter shouted to another waiter in Italian. The waiter then turned back to Rapunzel.

"Strawberry tiramisu with summer berry's." He answered with a strong Italian accent.

"Great I'll have that, and then the Fettuccine Alfredo." She said and closed her menu. She looked at Jack he soon realised that he was staring at Rapunzel with bewilderment and answered the waiter.

"Erm... I'll have the Caprese salad and then the Ravioli please." He said and looked back at Rapunzel as the waiter took the menus and walked away.

"I have my desert first." She said plainly noticing the confusion on Jacks face. She'd gotten use to it, everyone always gave her that look once she had ordered.

"Oh is that a political statement or a medical condition?" He asked expecting her to laugh be he got nothing out of her.

"I just don't see the point in waiting." She said. Jack opened his mouth to speak bur Rapunzel spoke before he could. "What if I die eating my Alfredo?" she asked. Jack just smiled and looked down before looking back up at her.

"Is that probable?" He asked.

"It's possible," she said leaning back in her chair "An embolism burst, asteroid hits the restaurant." she listed "I'll have died without having eaten the one this I wanted most." she justified.

"The odd... are just-" Jack started but was again interrupted by Rapunzel.

"Fine. I'll tell you what. You guarantee me. Swear to me on your eternal soul that I'll make it through my main, and I'll wait." She said. Jack went to answer but again was interrupted. "Before you answer," She started "Keep in mind, if I die, you'll have to live the rest of your life knowing not only did you lie to me, but denied my last indulgence. My one last wish. Are you prepared to shoulder that responsibility to prove a point?" Sh finished.

Jack just laughed at her. He found Rapunzel very interesting. In a good way of course. She was different. She wasn't fake around Jack like most girls were. And unlike his past dates and relationships Jack enjoyed her company. But he then thought back to the whole reason why he even asked her out on a date. He couldn't fall for Rapunzel. If she finds out it might break her heart. He won't fall for her. Will he?

"Don't worry I'll share." She said snapping Jack out of his thoughts. He smiled at her. She then laughed slightly and it soon turned into an adorable laugh.

'She's addictive' Jack thought.

A/N

Hey guys!

So sorry for the late update. I've been so busy with school 😒

Also I've been getting loads of new ideas for new Jackunzel books that I will give a preview for soon. Not yet though 😏

What do you think of this chapter then? Vote, comment, spread the word!

Thanks xxx

Always_Dreaming_xoxo 😊❤️