~Part 9~

Rapunzel explores Jacks small living room, holding a can of coke. 'Don't stop movin' by S club 7 was playing quietly in the background as she wondered. Jack watched her from his kitchen in fascination. He was completely regretting asking her out on a date just for Hiccups satisfaction but he for sure didn't regret asking her out. Rapunzel started looking for somewhere to place her drink but the table was covered with all sorts of things, most of it belonging to Hiccup.

Jack noticed her looking around for a place "I know, we live like pigs," He said. Rapunzel giggled. "But I do have coasters." He said holding up a coaster for her to see.

"Ah," Rapunzel sighed "Don't do coasters until the third date." She joked and continued looking around the living room. She came to a shelf filled with random stuff but a photo caught her eye. "Hey who's this?" She asked referring to the man in the photo.

Jack looked over but paused when he saw who she was asking about. He let out a sigh before answering "That's Jamie, my brother." He said quickly wanting to change the subject.

Rapunzel analysed the picture more "He kinda looks like you," She said, Jack just sighed and continued getting plates ready.Rapunzel noticed the Jamie was holding a guitar in the photo "Does he play around here?"

Jack paused thinking of what to say to her. He didn't want to tell her about him. Not yet anyway. "No not anymore." He sighed.

"Do you play?" Rapunzel asked.

"Depends who you ask," He said trying to lighten up the mood. "It turns out you actually need talent." He laughed and so did Rapunzel.

"So what talents does the great Jack posses then?" She asked leaning over the counter.

"Falconry. I come from a long line of falconers." Rapunzel just nodded and smiled in response. "But there is this..." Jack then went behind the counter and pulled out a cake. "Our appetizer." He said as Rapunzel laughed once reading what was on it.

'In case of asteroid'

                                                                                    *~*~*~*~*

Both Rapunzel and Jack had finished their meal and Rapunzel sat down and watched as Jack attempted to wash the dishes. Rapunzel got up from her seat and took the plate away from Jacks hand and started washing it herself, she grew tired of watching fail miserable.

"You don't need to help me." He said. He felt it was his responsibility to be the gentleman when trying to impress a girl and letting her wash the dishes was not what he had in mind.

"Yeah well at the rate your going, washing dishes is going to be your life vacation." she teased. Jack then quickly grabbed hold of the spray connected to the sink and squirted water at Rapunzel. She squealed and stepped backwards giving Jack the chance to put it back and try and hide what he just did.

"What?" Jack asked as she glared at him.

"Oh so this is playful you got me all wet part right?" She said advancing towards him.

Jack started horsing around with her "Why make it sound cheap?" He chuckled.

"It is cheap. I've seen this scene a hundred times," Jack just smiled at her "But do you know what never happens in this scene Jack-who-doesn't-really-go-to-school, Jack-who-doesn't-really-care-about-his-job?"She asked, Jack just blinked helplessly at her. Rapunzel then reached to her side and picked up a very heavy pot of pasta filled with water and poured it all over Jack.

"That." She said simply and put the pot down. Jack slowly turned his head towards her, taking in what just happened. He then quickly swooped Rapunzel up in his arms and held her over his shoulder.

"You better apologize!" He yelled at her whilst carrying her to the bathroom.

Rapunzel laughed her heart out and kicked her legs around. "Never!"

Jack then placed her in the bathtub and turned the shower on. Rapunzel was too quick for him though and she pulled him down with her giggling as the both began to splash each other with water. "I surrender! I surrender!" Jack yelled whilst being soaked by Rapunzel.  Rapunzel stopped and laid in the bathtub breathing heavily.

"Victory at all costs." She said, proud of herself for beating Jack. Jack then started to climb out of the tub stumbling as he did.

"Now I'm pissed" He chuckled.

                                                                                     *~*~*~*~*

"Do you want a shirt or something?" Jack asked Rapunzel as he put a clean top on. He had noticed how wet Rapunzel was as she stood in the door frame of his bedroom.

"I'm good thanks." She replied She watched Jack put his shirt on and she noticed a tattoo written down his arm. "A tattoo huh?" She asked making her way towards him. Jack froze in his place, he suddenly began to feel nervous as she made his way over to him to see his tattoo "Let's see-" She started but stopped when she read what it said.

Jamie

It said down his arm. Rapunzel remembered who that was and stepped backwards slightly. She immediately felt guilty as she joined the dots to the puzzle and realized why he would have his name on his arm. "I'm sorry... I didn't know..." She said nervously. She didn't know what to say to him.

Jack didn't feel any anger or hurt towards her. How could she have known? He sighed and looked down. "He killed himself." He chocked out.

There was a pause between them as Rapunzel tried to think of what to say to him. "When?" She asked after a moment a silence.

"On his 22nd birthday." He said. That's why Jack didn't want to celebrate his birthday this year. It was his 22nd birthday. "He had just started working for my father actually." He said and laughed a little but not too much knowing that it still hurt.

Before they could say anything else Hiccup came jumping in the room, he was clearly drunk. "Hello fellow humans!" He yelled at them both. Jack rolled his eyes as Rapunzel looked at his confused.

"Rapunzel this is Hiccup, Hiccup this is Rapunzel." He said turning to him and giving him a knowing look. Hiccup caught onto who she was before he could say anything wrong.

"Ok party downstairs, we'll have a few drinks and maybe a little chit chat." He spat out struggling to speak clearly.

"Er, thanks but I really should get going." Rapunzel said about to leave but Hiccup stopped her.

"Rapunzel, Punzie, Punzie, Punzie," He repeted "One drink, any drink you want, I'll even through in some vodka." He was definitely drunk.

Rapunzel sighed and turned to Jack "One drink?" She asked him.

Jack turned to Hiccup knowing that he probably didn't mean just one drink. "One drink?" He asked him.

Hiccup smiled seeing how he had gotten through to them.

"One drink."

A/N

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait. Hope you liked it! 💜

Vote, comment, spread the word!💙

Thanks guys!😊❤️