fourteen

from hate to love
from love to lust
from lust to truth
kiss me like you wanna be loved
it feels like we're falling in love
falling in love
———————

"So, why do love Stiles and Lydia so much?" Finn teased, poking Millie's side as they were both wrapped around each other on the couch.

"Are you really asking that question?" Millie said dumbfounded, tilting her head and scrunching her eyebrows up in confusion.

"Well, looks like we're not going to be going anywhere for the next four hours." Sadie sighed, sitting forward to grab her beer bottle from the coffee table.

"Yeah, well done Finn. We're gonna miss our dinner reservation!" Caleb clapped sarcastically.

"What?" Finn asked defensively. "I'm actually intrigued."

"You are?" Millie asked, her face lighting up in the cutest way. Finn couldn't help but bop her dimple with his pointer finger.

"Of course."

Millie was in fact, over the moon. Every time she ranted about her favourite couple everyone would sigh or tell her that it's fictional which lead her to feel stupid and embarrassed. It was like a breath of fresh air when someone actually wants to know about her obsession and dedication to the pair.

"Well, Stiles had a crush on Lydia since the third grade. It was always an unrequited love and I just love it because it shows development and how much they mean to each other, you know? And then, he gets erased and she won't give up until she finds out who the person she knows missing is and she feels in her heart that she's in love with him. I love it, it's one of my favourite love story's."

After many other minutes of Millie's rants, Finn smiled as he stood up.

"I am now fully educated. So, when's our reservation?"

"Uh, 20 minutes." Caleb said, checking his phone, standing up and dragging Sadie along with him. They weren't really dressed fancy or anything, they were dressed casual and comfortable. Every time they did dress up to get food, they'd eat so much that they'd start to get uncomfortable in their tight clothing.

Finn thought Millie looked extremely cute that night. She was wearing black skinny jeans with matching heeled boots. Her hair was braided back into two parts with a normal, plain white tee which hung off of her torso with ease.

"Shall we go?" Sadie asked, picking up her bag. She then grabbed Millie by the hand as the two girls walked out together.

"Dude, is it just me or am I the only one who sometimes feels like they're dating more than us?" Finn asked, turning to Caleb with an amused look.

"You're definitely not the only one, dude." Caleb replied, slapping his back before leaving Finn's house.

The boys sat in the back and the girls had the front seats, this is how it's always been. They had certain seats. Finn was always behind the driver and Caleb was always behind the passenger. Millie would be in the passenger seat while Sadie would be the designated driver.

As they got to the restaurant, they took their seats smiling at the aesthetic look of the table. They had seats outside on the deck, candles lit as the moon shined in just the right place. The sky was turning a slight dark blue but the night wasn't chilly at all. It was a bearable humid, it was perfect.