twenty six

well shit
I really love being in love
but maybe its the thought of not
crying on the phone
————————

Finn's throat was dry, swallowing was extremely difficult when he saw her enter her bedroom like an innocent child. He wanted to give up and forget about what Jacob said and just sit down and watch films all day. But, he knew he had to bring her up on it.

"Hey." Millie said, it was so quiet, barely audible in fact. Finn just replied with a lazy smile as he sat on the edge of the bed and fiddled with his fingers. "Are you okay? Don't lie this time."

"No." Finn responded almost instantly. "I'm not...ok. I need to ask you something, I need you to be one hundred percent honest with me."

Millie's hand's shook with anticipation as she shoved them into her jacket pockets. She nodded fast, eager to find out what the hell was going on. She was nervous because she had no doubt in her mind the problem was her. As the nerves grew, the more she chewed on her bottom lip and if her hands wasn't forced into her pockets she would be picking at her nails, avoiding any type of eye contact.

"Okay." Millie replied, "I promise."

"So." Finn started, he tried to find the words as he kicked himself for being this nervous. He shouldn't be, he should be curious. His back straightened as he stood, looking at her but keeping a safe distance. "I spoke to Jacob today."

Millie heard that name and all of a sudden anger fuelled her body as her mouth was cracked open with a very visual frown.

"Jacob?"

"Yeah." Finn confirmed. "He told me that you left out a 'big chunk' of your life that you didn't tell me when we got back together."

"You know what Jacob's like. Millie said, shaking her head as she stepped towards Finn and grasped his skinny wrist into hers. "He twists stories around in order to make him look good."

"So what story did he twist around? What happened between you two when we weren't together?"

"That's the point, we weren't together." Millie said, removing her hands from his.

"I don't care about that, I don't care that you saw him when we broke up. Well - obviously I care but I can't do anything about that because we weren't together. What I care about is if you lied to me or not." Finn said, shaking his head.

"Finn I-"

"Don't sugarcoat it Millie, just tell me. We're you with him?" Finn cut her off, his eyes were wide and his hair was wild from his fingers rummaging through it.

"Yes." Millie said, her words cut like knives and he swore that something heavy just hit in square in the chest. He swallowed, god when he swallowed it felt like razor blades on the throat. His breath was shaky.

He tried to close his eyes to calm himself down but he'd just picture them together and the thought made him physically sick to his stomach. The sour look on his face said it all.

"Did you um-"

"No, god no, no we didn't." Millie shook her head. "But we kissed, we kissed a few times."