sixteen

i look around
and its you I can't replace
i feel so cold
and I long for your embrace
———————

Millie met Sadie by their lockers like they do every single day. Millie's cheeks were still heated with anticipation and as soon as Sadie saw, she smirked as she tapped her fingernails on the steel lockers. Millie turned to her, lifting her eyebrow as she took certain books out of her locker and shoved them into her bag.

"Can I help you?"

Sadie scoffed, shutting Millie's locker which caught her attention.

"Why do you look like a strawberry?"

"I do not!" Millie defended, holding her clammy hands to her cheeks in embarrassment.

Was she that red that it was noticeable? She found herself fondly smiling at the whole simplicity of the reaction he somehow got out of her so easily. She mentally cursed at herself before turning on her heel and walking towards their first class.

She still felt like she was on a high as her feet took her closer to where he was about to be. Anything, and she means anything, is better than the shear feeling of loneliness that is accompanied within his absence.

While Finn trudged to class, he decided to click on Instagram for the first time that day, smiling when the all - too familiar username popped up on his feed.

@milliebobbybrown: just a grumpy teen who knows a girl with a killer camera lens

@noahschnapp, @therealcalebmclaughlin and 202 others liked this post.

@sadiesink: mr grumpy gills
@noahschnapp: this god damn photogenic DICK
@finnwolfhardofficial: @noahschnapp now now Noah
@finnwolfhardofficial: a killer camera lens indeed Xxxxx

He smiled to himself as he commented back, shoving his phone in his back pocket and making his way to the other end of the building, heading towards Biology.

————

As soon as they walked into class, Millie sat down in her usual seat that was farthest away from Sadie. They got split up last time from crying with laughter at Kermit the frog meme's and they didn't stop for another 30 minutes after. They got sent outside and was still balling in a fit of giggles before being sent back inside and was separated for the rest of next week.

So now they're paying the price.

Millie opened her book to a blank page, writing the date in messy handwriting. That was until she heard hushed whispers behind her. Her eyebrow cocked as she turned her head to see Iris and her other friend laughing and pointing at Millie with hushed and obvious comments.