forty one

universe must have my back
fell from the sky into my lap
and I know you know
that you're my soulmate and all that
——————

"So." Millie said, smooshing Finn's cheeks with her small hands. "Are you gonna tell me why you repeated second grade?"

They were both taking a well deserved break on the couch after unpacking all of their belongings. It was a tiring job, even if it only took them 10 minutes.

"You're not gonna let that go, are you?"

"Not a chance." Millie confirmed.

Finn sighed, he knew he wasn't going to win this debate anyway.

"I was a little shit, nearly eight and just going through that phase of where I'd do anything to fit in and be liked."

"I swear you're a narcissist." Millie laughed, bopping Finn's cheek with her chin.

"Are you going to let me finish or are you just gonna fuck about with my cheeks?"

"Depends what cheeks you're talking about." Millie said, laughing hard after, finding her own joke the funniest thing in the world. "Sorry, continue."

"So, I missed the basics and I had to retake the grade because they wouldn't let me move up otherwise."

"Wow." Millie nodded, taking in this bizarre information before being yelled at by Sadie to help her unpack the mounts of food they brought with them.
——————

"This Road goes two ways." Kyle Spencer said on the TV, Millie clutched Sadie's hand at the cutest moment on American Horror Story, through all the blood and gore the two girls loved the chemistry between these two.

"What does that mean Kyle?" Zoe asked him, with the same loving and affection within her stare.

"I actually fucking love the purest couple on this show!" Sadie said, slapping her knee.

"I don't get it." Caleb shook his head, gaining a slap on the shoulder from Sadie.

"Caleb, I'm sorry but you're officially cancelled." Millie said to him, looking at him with the most disgusted face one can distinguish.

"I love you." Kyle muttered out, looking Zoe in the eyes.

"Ok, let's watch something else before Millie decides to question our whole relationship on fictional characters." Finn stood, opening the curtains and facing everybody. "Or we could go out, it's 4pm, we have the whole evening."

"Hot tub?" Noah asked excitedly, pitching the idea like he was in a business meeting.

"I'm down with that idea. Let me go get changed." Gaten said, helping Noah up in the process as his legs nearly gave out.

Millie walked into the kitchen, opening the fridge and taking out a bottle of water before her legs took her up to her and Finn's room, smiling while seeing him in a black jumper with hair wilder then the trees in fall. It made her realise the simplicity of the things that made her happy.

She slid her phone out of her back pocket, snapping a picture of him walking towards her before dropping her phone on the bed and giving him her full, undivided attention.