thirty three

never caught a feeling this hard
harder than the liquor I pour
tell me you don't want me no more,
but I can't let go
—————————

"You need me to pick you up?" Millie repeated, utterly confused. "Why?"

"Well, I am drunk." Finn stated. "And I wanna see you."

Millie's stomach fluttered a little bit she let her pissed off emotions cloud whatever she felt. She sat up, scratching her forehead, wincing as she turned on her bedside lamp.

"Where are you?"

"I'm at Wyatt's."

Millie slid out of bed, she pulled the phone away from her ear for a couple of seconds before putting it back up to her head. "I'm on my way. Wait outside for me, okay?"

"Will do." Finn said cheerfully. He sounded like a child obeying his parents.

Millie walked on her tip toes to her mirror and looked at her refection with a neutral expression. Her unicorn pyjama shorts and oversized orange Adidas T-shirt made her look somewhat unwell but she shrugged it off, not having the energy to change.

She slid on her converse and grabbed her keys slowly, praying for them not to make a sound. It was a hot night, she could already feel the back of her legs sweating as she crept down the stairs. One of the stairs creaked, she stopped in her tracks and squeezed her eyes shut, waiting a few moments and preparing to be caught by her father which was far from what she wanted.

Shutting her door with a slight click, she unlocked her car and jumped in to the drivers seat with ease, sighing happily at how cool her seats were.

As she drove to Wyatt's, she became more and more nervous the closer she got. It wasn't a good nervous, it was a uneasy nervous.

When she pulled up, she saw him sat on the curb with his cheek rested on his hand. He was swaying slightly and she knew he was falling asleep because his head slipped off of his hand and he threw his head up in surprise. Millie then beeped, causing him to jump back.

This was amusing.

Finn shot her a toothy grin, jumping in the car and shutting his eyes while laying his head back, not even looking in her direction.

"Uh, hey?" Millie said after waiting a couple of minutes to see if he was going to speak to her.

"Oh, hey." He replied, finally opening his eyes and sitting up to face her. His face broke out into a smile looking at her attire. She hoped she didn't go red as she looked away, feeling embarrassed.

"Those pyjamas are hot." 

Millie hit Finn in the arm laughing, shaking her head as she drove away.

"You're lying." She said, sniffing with laughter.

"I'm really not." Finn stated, shrugging in the most serious way he could possibly play off. "You look hot."

don't blush
don't blush
don't blush

"Enough with the lies, Wolfhard. Why are you at a party, we're all supposed to be having breakfast tomorrow."