twenty four

but we're still young
we don't know where we're going
but we know where we belong
——————

It was the next day, Finn cringed at the smell of his hair. It smelled like a dirty ash tray and straight vodka, but he allowed Millie to have the first shower considering she would've moped around because her hair smelt nothing like the strawberry scent it normally held.

Finn's phone was in his hand, he bit his nails as he looked at the comments of the photo he posted last night.

@finnwolfhardofficial: how is this person my girlfriend? 🖤

@sadiesink, @milliebobbybrown and 237 others liked this post.

@nickwolfhard: get a room
@finnwolfhardofficial: @nickwolfhard ass hole
@sadiesink: my best friend folks
@cholt_x: 😍😍
@gatenm123: GOALS
@noahschnapp: breathtaking
@milliebobbybrown: my heart can't handle you ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
@jacobsartorious: I actually have no idea...

Finn's leg bobbed up and down at an alarming rate, it was an annoying habit that he exhibited when he was angry or annoyed. He tried to steady his breathing but his irritated ego got the better of him.

What did Jacob mean by he had no idea? No idea how Finn got Millie? Why would he say that? Does he like her?

His running thoughts were interrupted by Millie entering Finn's bedroom in one of her jumpers and a towel wrapped loosely around her head. She got under the covers, facing him but he was sat on the edge of the best and the only thing facing her was his back.

Her small hand stroked the bottom of his back slightly, he slightly jumped at the sudden contact but it was barely noticeable. Her eyebrows furrowed as she sensed the tension radiating off of him like a satellite signal.

"Hey, you okay?"

Finn locked his phone, putting it in his pocket as he stood and turned around to face her sleepy eyes.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be? I'm fine." He answered, he knew Millie didn't buy any of the lies that rolled so easily off of his tongue, but he kept stern anyway as he didn't rip his gaze away as much as he felt guilty for doing so.

"It's just you seem-"

"I'm fine." He repeated, giving Millie a small smile of reassurance. "I'm gonna go and take a shower I smell like weed."