4

I wake up in yet another dark, damp cell. This is becoming a reoccurring theme. Heavy metal chains dig into the skin on my wrists. Another matching chain connects the cuffs on my wrists to the floor, making it so I can only walk about a foot before getting pulled back.

I've seen First Order cells before, this one is different. They usually have an interrogation chair and incredibly advanced equipment. This one is empty, only I sit inside.

My head pounds, I lean it back against the cold wall in an effort to ease some of the pain. The door to the cell is slowly pushed open, blinding light shines in my eyes from the hallway outside. A handsome man with blazing orange hair stands in the doorway, General Hux. The door is shut behind him, no Stormtroopers accompany him within the cell. We stare at each other for a moment.

"Is there a reason I get to enjoy this visit with my great General?" I finally ask. He studies me carefully for a moment, then takes a deep breath in.

"You're a resilient one, I must say. Spent months in chains with the Guavian Death Gang and got out alive. Only weeks later you're back in the fight, it's impressive." Hux says.

"You're praise is highly appreciated, General Hux." I smile at him from my spot on the floor.

"What were you looking for before you were caught? It must have been of high importance if the Death Gang was after you." I tilt my head to the side.

"This is different than other times I've been interrogated, usually pain comes with it. What makes you think I'll simply just give you what you want?" He narrows his eyes at me and quickly pulls out his blaster. He aims it at my forehead, I stare him in the eyes.

"Watch your tongue, girl. I could have you sent to an interrogation room if that's what you wish." I lean forward and press my forehead to the barrel of the blaster. He looks at me in confusion.

"If you're truly what they say you are, high and mighty with a merciless army at your command, why am I not dead? Or being tortured?" He takes a moment to consider this. Then, he smoothly slides the blaster back in its holster and bends down to my eye level. He slips off a glove and takes my chin in his fingertips. A strange surge of electricity erupts where his skin touches mine, a connection I've never felt before.

"I'm showing mercy, something I rarely do. So do as I say, and I will continue to do so. I don't want to have to hurt you, there's something about you that keeps me from doing so. Perhaps a gut feeling, or something of the sort. Don't make me change my mind. I'll be back later tonight. Give me answers, perhaps you'll even get something to eat." He walks out of the cell and the door creaks shut behind him.