17

"What happened?" Hux asks as we approach Ren.

"The girl murdered Snoke." He says.

"What happened?" I ask in disbelief.

"She took Snoke's escape craft. We know where she's going. Get all our forces to that Resistance base. Let's finish this." Ren tells me. My face hardens, my eyes narrow.

"Finish this? Who do you think you're talking to? You presume to command my army?" I say, walking closer to him. He suddenly raises his hand and uses the force to choke me. I try to gasp while grabbing my throat. Flashbacks of being thrown from the TIE fighter appear in my mind. Hux aims his blaster at Kylo.

"Our Supreme Leader is dead! We have no ruler! Let her go!" Hux yells.

"The Supreme Leader is dead." Ren simply says back. I gather what little air I can.

"Long live the Supreme Leader." I whisper. Ren let's go and walks away.

"Hey, are you alright?" Armitage says, rushing to catch me as I collapse. I nod and look after Ren.

"He's out of control. He won't last long in command." I tell him. We walk back to the command bridge, anger boils within me. An officer walks toward me.

"I want forces on that planet. The remaining members of the Resistance hide in fear there. We will take them out." I say.

"Yes, Grand Admiral." She says and hurries away. Hux takes my hand and places his other one on my cheek.

"Eira, trust me. This army listens to your command, not Ren. You are their Grand Admiral, he is a child pretending to be the Supreme Leader. If anyone should be the Supreme Leader, it should be you. We will take out the rebels together, alright?" Armitage tells me. My anger slowly disappears with his calming words.

"I believe you, Armitage. I do." I say.

"Now you need a jacket, it's cold where we're going." I chuckle at his change in concerns and hurry off with him.

...

Hux, Kylo, and I stand within an AT-AT walker as it approaches the old Resistance base. I wear the heavy, pristine white coat that Armitage forced upon me. My men ready the bartering ram cannon to break down the door.

"That cannon will break down the door, they will be dead within minutes." Hux says, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Ground forces incoming." The officer driving the walker says. I lean forward and look out the window to see about a dozen tiny ships coming for the cannon. "13 incoming light craft. Should we hold until we clear them?" Ren answers before I can.

"No. The Resistance is in that mine. Push through them." I look at Ren in disbelief as he attempts to command my army. After a few moments, I shake my head.

"All firepower on those speeders." I say. The walkers start to shoot.

"Concentrate all fire on those speeders!" Ren yells. I whip around to face him.

"You may be attempting to be a Supreme Leader, but you are not in command of my army." I say. He tries to give me a look that would bring terror to anyone else. I stare straight back at him. Finally, he backs off and I turn around. Hux smiles in amusement at Ren's show of weakness.

"Preparing to fire." Hux tells me.

"Grand Adrmiral?" The officer asks.

"Advance. No prisoners." I tell him. Suddenly, Luke Skywalker walks out of the base. I put up my hand to signal to stop the walkers as I stare in incredible disbelief.

"I want every gun we have to fire on that man. Do it." Ren says. The officer obeys the order before I can say anything. The guns start to fire.

"More! More!" Ren yells. I let the charade go on for a few more moments.

"That's enough. That's enough!" I yell at the officer. The firing slowly stops.

"Do you think you got him?" Hux asks Ren.

"Now, if we're ready to get moving... we can finish this." I announce to everyone. The dust clears to reveal Skywalker still standing alive. The officer looks back at me.

"Ma'am?" He asks in confusion on what to do now.

"Bring me down to him. Keep the door covered and don't advance until I say." Ren says. The look on his face is that of pure fury. The look on Hux's tells me not to challenge it.

"Supreme Leader... don't get distracted. Our goal-" I start, he stops me.

"Take me down there." Ren says. I sigh.

"Right away..." I say.