8

I put my finger to the comm in my ear as I walk.

"General, can you hear me?" I ask. There's a pause.

"I can hear you quite fine, Major. What seems to be the problem?" Hux asks from the other end of the comm.

"Ren lost the girl. She's still in the base, I'm on her trail. We need everyone searching for her." There's a scoff of disappointment and hatred for Kylo.

"I'll have every available unit checking every inch of this base. When you find her, return to me. We need to speak."

"Yes General." I say and start to pick up the pace. I search for ages when an officer approaches me.

"Ma'am, she was not found in hangar 718 but all troops are on alert. All hangars are under lockdown, Ren fears she will try to steal a ship." The officer says. I nod.

"I want troops searching every inch of this place, do not look past a single thing. She could be anywhere, but she's not getting away." I tell him. He nods.

"Yes Major." He quickly hurries away. I search and search and search, the girl is quite skilled at hiding.

"Eira, return to me. The troops are looking for the girl, I need you here." Hux says over the comms.

"Yes sir." I say and head back to the command room. As I walk, I notice a group entering an elevator. Han Solo, Finn, Chewbacca, and the girl. I immediately begin firing at them as I walk closer.

"Eira?" Han says, shock covers his face. I press my finger to my comm.

"All troops to my location! The girl is getting away!" I yell to Hux.

"Sending men your way." Hux says. The door slides shut just as I reach it, I hear them destroy the control panel inside. The door won't open now. I kick it in rage and storm away. I reach the command room to see Hux waiting for me.

"They're heading in the direction of the Oscillator." Hux nods and we walk to take command.

"They're friends are firing on it, they must be attempting to assist them." I look out the window to see Poe's X-Wing.

"The black X-Wing needs to be shot down." Hux places his hand on my shoulder to show affection, but not as much as usual. We are in front of this men, he needs to seem threatening.

"He will be. Your parents will be avenged, I promise you." Another round of explosions erupt from the Oscillator. I look over at Hux, he nods. I snap my head over to an officer.

"Dispatch all squadrons." The officer nods.

"Yes Major." As dozens of TIE fighters approach the rebels, I can only imagine the panic they're feeling. I smile at it all, the liars and murderers I once called family will soon be dead.

"Hit them from the ground. They won't be able to deal with both." Hux tells an officer.

"Yes General." The officer says. The X-Wings start to be shredded from missiles on the ground. Half of their fleet has been destroyed.

"It won't be long now until they're gone. The weapon is ready in 10 minutes, they'll all be dead when it's fully charged." Hux tells me. We both stand with our hands clasped behind our backs, looking down our noses at the damage done outside.