18

I try to stay as patient as possible while Ren faces Skywalker.

"That boy is going to get himself killed." I say. Hux places a hand on my shoulder.

"I know. Perhaps it's for the best?" He says. I chuckle at him.

"Advance forward. I don't care what Ren has to say, we do not have time for this."

As we walk forward, I watch as Ren charges at Skywalker, lightsaber in hand. He swings the saber at the Jedi Master and it passes straight through him, Luke remains standing unscathed. I clench my jaw as I stare down at Ren, the noise around me fading.

"Fire the cannon and let me down there. Send all troops we have inside once that door is open." I say. Armitage steps in front of me and places a hand on my face.

"Darling, why are your eyes yellow?" He asks. I take his wrist and pull his hand from my face.

"That boy has made a fool of me, he will be lucky if I do not kill him." I step into the elevator and go down to the surface, walking across the ground at a speed at which it looks like I'm floating. I lift a hand and Ren comes soaring towards me, levitating above the ground and clawing at his throat. "If you ever pull a stunt like that again, if you ever make a mockery of me in front of my men again, I will kill you myself. Supreme Leader or not, you are a child. And you will obey my orders. Or I will be sending your head to your mother in a box, do I make myself clear?" Without another word, I drop him to the ground and walk back to the AT-AT.

...

Back in my room on the Star Destroyer, I stare at my hands in front of me.

There is something within you, Eira. Something powerful. I can sense it.

"Eira?" I hear Armitage say. I look up at him as he slowly walks to kneel in front of me, taking my hands and planting a kiss on my left palm. "You seem to have scared Ren into hiding, he hasn't left his quarters." I grin and look away, my mind racing. He gently turns my head back to look at him. "Love, what happened?"

"Back when I first joined the First Order, Snoke told me that I have a power within me. And that he would teach me to control it. But the girl killed him before he could do so. I think I unlocked that power today." I say, studying his face.

"What is that power? Do you mean the darkside is the force? Like the Sith used to practice?" I nod, my eyebrows furrow.

"You said my eyes turned yellow earlier, right? I remember being told as a child that when a Sith would reach their strongest, their eyes would turn the color of the sun." I shake my head. "It was like this fury took control of me, it made the force come almost natural to me." Armitage stands and places a kiss on my forehead.

"I can try to help you harness this power, help you find a way to master it. There must be someone alive somewhere who practices the art of the Sith." He looks down at me. "I think we should research your family history too, love. We can see if someone in your family was a Sith." I slowly smile at him.

"I think that would be lovely, Armitage." He grins and leans down to kiss my lips.