chapter 40

Hailey**

Amber and I really hit it off yesterday. Today we were going to go to times square. I quickly dressed into a thrasher hoodie and ripped jeans. I wore my adidas superstars and I had my hair in two Dutch braids rnning down my back.

"How's Zach? Is he nice?" Amber asked me.

"He's sweet, thoughtful, and has a soothing voice." I said dreamily. I missed him a lot but didn't admit it. "He's also really funny and childish."

"How's jack?" She asked nervously.

"Jack is my best friend. It's really funny when he runs because his curls bounce up and down. He's sweet, ridiculously funny, and also has a soothing voice." I said. "You should really listen to Trust Fund Baby. They sang that song and Ed Sheeran wrote it for them."

Her eyes widened. "Oh my God that's so cool!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah you should follow them on Instagram." I said. She pulled out her phone. "whydontwemusic, imzachherron, jackaverymusic, seaveydaniel, jonahmarais, corbynbesson."

Speaking of which, they're also now spamming my dms. I don't check my dms fairly often, but I opened Jake's dms.

jakepaul: we're in Chicago looking for you.

Then I got a text from Zach.

Zach😘: ily

Zach😘: please come back i i miss you so much 😭

Zach😘: if i have to travel the world looking for you i would

Zach😘: i know you've been ignoring my texts. but please come back. you mean the universe to me 😘😍💕

"Aww." Amber cooed.

I had to text back.

Hailey 😍: you mean the same to me. but please don't come looking for me. i think i'm liking it here where i am. i will come back in a few weeks though and we can spend every single moment together i promise. but right now i found a friend here. and she'll look cute with jack.

Zach😘: omfg you responded! we already booked our next flight tho...

Zach😘: easton isn't coming with us

Zach😘: can't wait to have you in my arms 💛

Hailey😍: if anyone asks don't tell them i responded to you.

Hailey😍: and i can't wait to be back in your arms 💕

Zach😘: too late...ilysfm

"Aw you guys are cute." Amber gushed. I blushed. "I can't believe that you guys aren't married yet."

"Don't I look a bit young?" I said jokingly and we laughed.

When we got to Times Square we looked at all of the billboards. I shrieked when Amber pointed out a billboard that had the number one song on there. It was trust fund baby. I quickly took a picture of it. "Jack looks so cute in that picture." She gushed.

"But my boyfriend looks even hotter." I cooed. "His voice just melts my heart."

"Have you met his family yet?" She asked teasingly.

"Actually, I have. His sister is the sweetest thing, and his brother if super funny. His mom is really nice and I haven't met his dad yet." I said.

"That's sweet." She said unfocussed. She was looking at this guy with another girl. the guy didn't have bad looks. He was tall, muscular, perfectly flipped dirty blonde hair, and fair skin.

"Is that your ex?" I asked her softly.

"Mhmm." She said bitterly. "And the girl with him is my ex best friend." I looked at the girl. She had dark hair, brown eyes, and tan skin.

"You can do a lot better." I snickered. "Like jack."

"Yeah, but I don't know. He's a famous celebrity and I'm just a normal girl." She said sadly.

"Yeah, but look at me and Zach." I pointed out.

"Bt at least your brother knew him!" She said.

"And I know Jack." I said snartly.

"Think you could hook me up?" She asked hopefully smiling a bit.

"I don't think. I will." I said. "It's the least I can do. You've been showing me around. Anyways, wanna hit the pool?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure." She said. "I'll meet you in your room."

///

I changed into the bikini Zach bought me and waited for Amber to come.

"Hi!" She said cheerfully walking in the room.

"You ready?" I asked.

"Fuck yeah!" She whooped.

We were just tanning by the pool and went in for a little dip.