Part 7

You know why people cut?

Because it's a distraction. For one moment you don't feel all the pain, the loss, the hurt. All you feel is that razor going into your skin, the blood dripping down your arm, leg, stomach. You don't think about how alone you are or how fat and ugly you are. You don't think about the way people talk about you behind your back. You don't think about how your family is fighting or your friends hate you. All you think about is the blood. And the addicting part? well that's when all the hurt and pain comes back. When the cut isn't fresh and you can feel all the build up or sadness and loneliness inside you. So you have to do it again, but a little deeper so the numbness will last longer. The pain inside will be delayed longer. And as the pain inside gets worse and worse you have to make the pain outside worse and worse. It's all about control, you have it. You can't control the pain on the inside so you get to control it on the outside.

___________________________

"Screamo" "punk" and "emo" bands have reduced suicide rates BY 89%. I DARE YOU TO SAY THIS MUSIC IS "SHIT"!

___________________________

PLEASE GROW THE FUCK UP!

Self harm is not a trend

Anorexia is not a phase

Depression is not an act

Homosexuality is not a choice

Sexual assault is not provoked

Suicide is not a result of cowardice

____________________________________

Poem: 1

Happy New Years!!

That was New Year's Day in Mexico, the happiest day of my life. All the neighborhoods filled with joy and life. my family had money. My mom worked as a manager. My dad as a business worker. We were the happiest family in the world.

I had lots of friends. Lots of family...., Lots to live for. Even lots to see and wait for. That's how life was before the war...... The war started on December 28, and we haven't heard bangs until now.

Today is January 6, We heard bangs louder and closer. Screams and cries closer then ever before. Today, we escape to my aunt Jamamas house. My mom, brother Juan, my dad, and sister Lucy, and me. People are forced into war, kids of age 14 and woman of age 18. Kids taken away from family and men dying to save their family.

As we were leaving, we heard a shot, I turn around to see my moms lifeless body on the ground. She was shot in the head. I scream, brother Juan grabs me and starts pulling me...then I open my eyes and see that my sister Lucy was also shot. She had so much to live for, she was only 8 years old.

We got to my aunts house covered in blood and dirt, my aunt asks for my mother and sister. We say nothing... She looked at our clothes and started crying with us until we had no more tears. She have us clothes and a room to stay. That's the day God took my mother and sister.

We are going to settle with her until the war ends. Then, we move to Los Angeles. Start a new life there...

🙏 R.I.P those who served or died at war. Those who died without a cause and those who risked their lives.🙏