p r o l o g u e

I walked around campus with my earbuds plugged in and Gashina by Sunmi blasted in full volume. I tugged my hands in my pockets, lowering my gaze as I reached homeroom.

"T-Taehyung!" My name was heard as soon as I took off my earbuds. I looked over my shoulder and noticed that it was Jimin. He rest one of his palms on his knee and another on his chest; trying to catch his breath.

"What is it?" I asked, not even giving a sign of interest.

"Chaewon —" I let go of my earbuds and left them hanging out of the collar of my shirt. Just by hearing her name, My eyes widened but, soon turned flat and cold in a split second.

"I told you, Jimin. Don't ever mention her name to my face again," I lowly said while wearing a calmed look.

I admit, she still haunts me in my dreams. I've been having the same nightmare for a year now. She looks me in the eyes and disappears out of thin air.

That type of nightmare.

And everytime she disappears, I find myself crying once I wake up. Up to this day, I haven't heard anything from her. I'm not even sure if she's still around anymore.

I shrugged off the thought of it and took a seat at the very back.

"But Taehyung, Chae —"

"Stop it, Jimin." I furrowed my eyebrows and hardened my jaw. "Say her name one more time and I won't hesitate to beat you to pulp."

He covered his mouth and vigorously shook his head.

By the time the room was full, our homeroom teacher arrived. Just as she called out my name for attendance, I stood up and instantly left. I ignored the calls I received and continued to walk off.

• • •

I quietly ate my fries with my left arm rest on the table. The boys have been murmuring all day while they watch me eat. And believe me when I say, it's annoying.

"Okay what's with the whispering and staring!" I snapped. I glared at them with one eyebrow arched. "Stop staring at me while I eat. It's creepy, alright?"

"It's just that —" Jimin covered Jungkook's mouth and shook his head.

"So you guys decided to share secrets without telling me?" I squinted my eyes at them. "Now I'm intrigued. What's the tea? I'm all ears." I leaned closer.

They looked at each other and stiffened their bodies.

"You're the eldest, here. You tell him," Namjoon whispered loudly at Seokjin.

"Fine," he groaned. The eldest glanced at me and soon rubbed his nape. "Taehyung, before I say anything I just want you to know that you are a strong guy and --"

I looked over his shoulder and there, I saw a girl entering the cafeteria beside Gab Soon. My hand curled into a fistful ball. The others turned around and checked at where I was staring.

"Oh-uh," Jungkook mumbled.

First thing I realised was her hair. It was dark brown, no longer jade black and ended below her jawline in a perfect wavy bob. Ruler straight bangs dangled just above her dark brown eyes. The same eyes I fell in love with.

The same deceitful eyes.

I abruptly stood up and threw my bag over my shoulder. I walked towards their direction and saw a small genuine smile formed on her lips. Gab Soon on the other hand, knitted her eyebrows with a gaped look drawn on her face.

"Tae —"

I walked past the both of them and stormed out of the cafeteria, only to have my chest ache acting up and my muscle tensed.

.
.
.

# S O T D

❝Maybe time is medicine
But I’m getting weaker
The sad pain is getting numb too
Fine, I’ll forget you.❞

— GASHINA.