o n e

"Taehyung wait!" Gab Soon chased after me. I stopped and turned around to face her, already getting annoyed. "Listen, I know you must be shocked and angry but, please hear me out."

I put on a resting face and waited for her to continue.

"I want you to talk to her and —"

"No thanks," I cut her off.

"But Tae — "

"I said no!"

"She lost her memory!"

"What did you say?" I involuntarily halted and knitted my eyebrows together. I gripped my bag tighter and tensed up my whole body, my eyes intensely staring directly at her.

"Her surgery was a success but, there were a few side effects and that included memory loss . Now, she couldn't even recognize any of you. It even took me awhile for her to get warmed up with me," she sighed.

"Look, Taehyung. You're the guy who's been occupying her mind since day - one. Doctor did say she could regain back her memory in twelve months but, there's also a chance she might never regain it back." She gazed carefully at me. "It's been six months after her surgery and she's still having trouble remembering. Maybe, if she spends more time with you, you could help her and — "

"There's no way am I going to do that," I spun the other way and marched.

"Taehyung, please," her voice cracked. "Wasn't she there for you when you needed someone?" She shouted.

Sighing heavily, I turned yet again to face her and rolled my eyes. Her whole face lit up as the both of us walked back into the cafeteria.

I watched her being surrounded by the boys. I could tell by her body language that she was uncomfortable and wanted to leave. I approached the group and snapped my head at her direction.

"Oh my god Taehyung," Jimin gasped. "I thought you weren't coming back!"

Our eyes were locked together and no words were needed to make my heart beat go fast. She gave a small smile and nervously lowered her head, making her hair fall like curtains to hide her face.

"I'm Taehyung," I said nonchalantly; tilting my head to the side as I did so.

"I'm Lee Chaewon." Her eyes didn't left mine. It's as if our eyes were glues together — unable to look away.

"Well okay!" Yoongi clapped his hand once and abruptly stood up. "We have other things to do. Catch you both later." He pushed the others away before throwing me a gentle smile on his way out.

"G-Gab Soon! —" She stuttered and watched as her friend got dragged out by non other than Namjoon himself. Once the table was empty, we took a seat and my eyes couldn't help but steal glances now and then.

"Chaewon," I bitterly said her name. It's been awhile and it was still surreal to know that the girl I thought I will never see again — is here sitting infront of me. "Do you.. remember me?"

Slowly she shook her head. "I'm sorry but, I don't."

"Did you really lose your memories?"

"Y-Yes." She lifted her chin up but quickly lowered it down when she caught me staring at her. "W-Were we close friends?" She stuttered.

"Friends?"

I let out a false laugh and stood up. I guess Gab Soon wasn't lying after all. But for some reason, I didn't really want her to remember me nor do I want to get too close with her. I forced out a smile and shook my head.

it's better if you didn't know..

"No — " I dipped my head down to her height and in a split second, I wiped off the grin on my face and frowned. "We were never close to begin with."

.
.
.

# S O T D

❝I think of you and I tear up
What if you treated me a little better back then?
I thought about it.❞

— WHY, YOU?