t h r e e

"What should we eat?" She asked as she went through the menu. "I've never eaten here before. But --" she placed the menu down and grinned. "-- your friend earlier recommended me this place. What was his name again?" She thought thoroughly and snapped her fingers. "Ah I remember. His name was Jimin."

Go figure.

After awhile, the old waitress came and threw me a gentle smile.

"Taehyung, my boy. It's nice to see you here again. You stopped coming since last year, I thought you hated here," she laughed and patted my back. She glanced at Chaewon and her grin grew. "Aeygo.. and you brought her along with you."

"A-Annyeonghaseyo," she nervously said.

"She's gotten prettier too. Aeygo..aeygo.. --"

"We'll have the usual!" I cut her off. The more she talks, the higher the chance she might remember. She just laughed and nodded her head before leaving our table.

"Taehyung?" She curiously looked at me. "We used to go here before?"

Just make up a quick lie!

"As friends, yeah."

"But didn't you say we weren't close?"

"You're awfully full of questions, aren't you?" I scoffed, trying to change the topic. She took it as a sign for her to shut up so, she quietly sat there, doing absolutely nothing but stare on the table.

obedient as always.

"How were you doing in US?" I broke the awkward atmosphere.

"It was fine," she mumbled, afraid to say more. She looked up and our eyes were locked with each other. Soon, her cheeks were tinted red and quickly she looked away.

Not only was she blushing, she was constantly licking and chewing her lower lip.

"Stop that!" I flicked her forehead.

"Y-Yah!" She rubbed the spot where I flicked and glared at me. "Why'd you do that?"

"Stop doing that!"

"Doing what?" She furiously asked back.

"Doing that with your t-- " I paused and shook my head.  "Nevermind."

"Kim Taehyung!" she called out and chuckled with her head shook in disbelief. It took her a moment until she talked again."Hey um.. I know you said we were acquaintance before but, I was thinking if we could be actual friends?" She took out her hand and didn't withdraw it until I shook it.

I wanted to say no because of two reasons. 1, we were never acquaintance and 2, we were so much more than just friends. But how could she know that? She forgot. I sighed and relented, the memories of us wandered in my head.

I couldn't seem to let go of her hand as my emotions got the best of me. That's when I realised that I couldn't control my feelings.

I wanted her to forget me.But only because I wanted to make new memories with her. I wanted to rewrite our future and erase the past.

Wait, what am I saying?

I released her hand and pressed my lips to a flat line. She stared at me, waiting for me to answer her question but, all I gave her was a simple I don't know look.

.
.
.

# S O T D

❝I waited for a very long time
This much time has already passed
Do you remember?
I’m winding back our small clock.❞

— CLOCK.