t w o

"W-Wait!" Chaewon stood infront of me, nervously. "I'm new here a-and I'm having trouble finding my way around here." I stared at her nonchalantly and crossed my arms to my chest. "Can you please show me around?"

"No." I attempted to walk past her but, she grabbed me by the arm and pursed her lips.

"P-Please!" When I eyed her, she quickly released my arm and looked down on her shoes. "I'm s-sorry for bothering you." She bowed her head. "I'll just ask help from those people over there."

I stared at where she was looking. It was a group of boys, chatting amongst each other. Abruptly, I grabbed her by the wrist and glared at her.

"You're such a bothersome,"I muttered and flicked her forehead.

"Ah!"

"Follow me," I sternly said. I could hear her shoes clicking as she chased after me. I picked up my pace and fought the smile that threatened to appear before she could see.

• • •

The day ended and I was ready to head home. As I was about to plug in my earbuds, somebody stopped me.

"Excuse me!"

I looked up and saw Chaewon running towards me, wearing a wide grin.

There were alot of things that were running in my mind. I wanted to open my arms and give her a warm embrace. I wanted to run my fingers through her hair and say how beautiful she's gotten. I wanted to kiss her forehead and tell her how I missed her. But I can't seem to do any of those things. Because I don't want her to remember me.

Or we'll both end up hurting each other.

She bowed ever so low and bared her teeth in a big smile. "I didn't get the chance to thank you, earlier. Allow me to treat you dinner." She bowed yet again.

"No thanks," I monotonously said. "I already ate."

Suddenly, my stomach let out a loud grumble to which Chaewon laughed at.

That genuine smile of hers -- I couldn't help but chuckle along. When she noticed me, I quickly put on a straight expression. Coughing my way out of embarrassment,  I lamely rubbed the back of my head and pretended to look annoyed.

"Fine."

"Yeay!" She cheered like a little girl and clapped her hands, excitingly.

.
.
.

# S O T D

❝Why does my heart beat so much?
Because it’s you
Because you’re my everything
Because you’re my star
I love you.❞

— THE ONLY STAR.