f o u r

Thankfully Chaewon didn't pressure me into more questions the whole time we spent in the restaurant.

"Well, thanks again for taking up my offer and spending the whole evening with me." She bowed her head. "I'll best be on my way now."

"Wait!" I let out a heavy sigh and scratched the back of my head. "Let me walk you home. It's already dark."

"That's fine, Tae --"

"Stop being a stubborn girl," I deadpanned.

"Sorry." She pursed her lips and as always, she lowered her head. I heaved a breath of air and grabbed her hand. It caught her by surprise and quickly, she pulled away..

"Chaewon, it's dangerous for a girl to wander around the streets, alone. Especially at night," I explained. "Now come." I started walking but was stopped when she halted.

"Umm that's alright Taehyung. Someone's picking me up."

"I can't let you wait here al --"

"Chaewon."

Both of us snapped our heads to the side and saw a tall guy with jade black hair; his hands tugged in his pocket and had this cold expression on his face. He eyed me briefly and scanned me from head to toe. He looked intimidating, I'll give you that.

"O-Oppa," Chaewon stuttered.

"Oppa?" My eyes popped out of their sockets as I stared at her. "You're dating someone older than you?" It was more of a statement than a question.

"Tae --"

The guy earlier stood next to her and held her by the shoulders. "Why does it matter to you if she dates someone older?"

I didn't answer.

"C'mon Chaewon." The guy then grabbed her wrist and began dragging her away.

I didn't like the sight of another guy touching her. So, I marched towards them and did the only thing that popped in my head -- I punched him. HARD.

"OPPA!" Chaewon ran to his side who's now knocked on the ground. "Oppa gwaenchanh-a? (are you okay?)" She caressed his cheeks and her eyes became teary.

"I'm fine, Chaewon."

"Why the hell would you do that?" She snapped and furrowed her eyebrows at me; her hands clenched and her eyes glassy. "What did my brother ever do to you!"

"Wait," I grew paler as I widened my eyes in horror. "B-Brother?"

"C'mon oppa," she helped him up and threw his arm around her shoulders. Her eyes; gentle as they studied his face.

"Chaewon I--"

"Just go home Tae," She muttered and began to walk off with the guy. "Does it hurt?" I heard her asking him until they were out of plain sight.

She has a brother?

.
.
.

# S O T D

❝Like a star in the night sky
Your breath is in your sparkling eyes.
I can not explain it at first.
I want to convey this heart to you.❞

— FALL IN LOVE.