distant || brett talbot

BRETT IS USUALLY THE most open guy when it comes to talking about thoughts and feelings

       BRETT IS USUALLY THE most open guy when it comes to talking about thoughts and feelings. He'll tell you when he's upset, or jealous, or even when he's angry. He'll sit down with you and talk about it, which could sometimes lead to either an argument or cuddling downstairs on the sofa as you cry with each other until you fall asleep. But lately Brett has been...distant.

It started when he stopped meeting you after your classes, then he stopped picking you up for school so you had to take the bus everyday, causing you to be late a lot. He stopped sitting with you at lunch and even stopped calling you. You started questioning if you were even dating anymore, and even the pack started realising how little you talked to eachother.

"Hey," Stiles says, making you jump at the sudden sound of his voice. You see that the pack have suddenly joined you at your table, staring at you which is kind of making you uncomfortable.

"What do you want," you mumble, cutting to the chase as you look at only the Alpha of the pack, raising your eyebrow at him.

"Well, we've been noticing that you and Brett haven't been talking lately, and we were all wondering if everything's all right with you guys..." Scott begins to say, but trails off when you glare at him.

"I've been wondering the same fucking thing Scott. One day he's by my side, the next he's gone in a flash. It's like he wants nothing to do with me anymore. I have no clue what I've done wrong and it's killing me!" You hear yourself shouting, earning looks from bystanders around you.

"Yeah, I notice he's been lacking in Lacrosse. There has been rumours that he's getting kicked off the team because he isn't putting any effort in," Liam comments, and you sigh deeply.

"He seems distracted." Malia says with a nod, and you wonder what distraction could be affecting him this much. Wait...is it a girl? Could that be it? Maybe it's why he is not talking to you anymore. Or it could be a boy, since you know Brett is bisexual. Could he really be cheating on you?

As if Lydia could read your mind, she lets out a small chuckle. "He isn't seeing someone else, y/n, if that is what you're worried about." She tells you, and you shrug. What if you're not good enough for him, because you're not supernatural so you don't have much to offer?

"He loves you, y/n. So, so much." Lydia reminds you, and you hear Stiles scoff from where he's sitting beside Scott. "Exactly. It actually gets pretty annoying because the only topic he seems to talk about is you. Gosh, does that kid even have a life-ouch!" He groans as Malia nudges him in the ribs to shut him up.

"I should go talk to him," you tell the pack, and they all nod in agreement. "He can't be silent forever."

So you make your way to the library where you see Brett sitting alone in the corner by the round table, his head looking down at his book, eyes scanning the words which only fly past his brain because the thoughts surrounding his mind are bigger than the thoughts of Niagara Falls and how it was made.

You pull out a chair beside him and he doesn't even look up, he just flips to the next page of his textbook. You let out a deep sigh and shut his textbook, moving it out of his reach, to which Brett still ignores, and instead looks at his clasped hands.

"Brett..." You whisper, moving your chair closer to your boyfriend, your eyebrows knitted together as you look at him. "Brett please, we have to talk."

"No we don't, y/n. We don't have to talk about anything, okay?" He groans, shaking his head slowly, and you finally realise you've had enough.

"What did I fucking do?" You ask him, your voice breaking as tears start to form in your eyes. He finally looks up at you and immediately his face falls. "Just tell me Brett! Do you even love me anymore?"

Brett stands up so quickly you stumble back a little, and he looks down at you, seemingly angry. "Don't you ever think that I don't love you." He says, and you gulp loudly.

"Then why, why are you acting like this Brett?" You ask in a hushed whisper as you're starting to attract the attention of others in the library.

Brett hesitates, and brings his hands to his head, running one through his dirty blonde hair in stress. He sits back down again, then looks back up at you. "I'm scared, y/n."

You furrow your eyebrows as you study his face, fear clearly shown in on his expression, something you've never seen before. "Scared? Of what?"

"Everything." He mumbles. "The Deadpool, the assassins, the murders." He tells you, and you pull out and chair and sit beside him.

"But why did you distance yourself from everyone, from me?" You ask, and he looks into your eyes, lips parted slightly.

"Because I'm scared of losing you. I'm scared that you're going to get hurt if you're with me." He confesses, playing with the silver ring on his finger.

"Brett..." You sigh, moving opposite him. You bring your hands to his face and cup his cheeks in your palms. "You're never going to lose me. We protect each other, alright?"

"But what if I can't? What if, one day, you get hurt all because I couldn't protect you?" He says, leaning into your touch.

You just smile and stroke his cheek with you thumb. "You don't always need to protect me, Brett. We can't always be strong. As long as we're there when we need eachother, then we'll be okay." You tell him, and place your lips gently on his, closing your eyes passionately. You find a rhythm, and Brett does to, moving your lips against eachothers passionately.

"I love you, Brett." You say against his lips, resting your forehead on his, your hands wrapping around his neck .

Brett nods. "I love you too, y/n."

A/N

Honest to god Brett mf Talbot deserves better. Like he is such an underrated character and I love him so much man