runner up || stiles stilinski

To everyone else it was a fun, simple game that meant nothing

To everyone else it was a fun, simple game that meant nothing. It was something you played when you were drunk and horny, and it was okay because you were drunk. Everyone was up for it, even if you were a high class nerd. No one said no to the game of spin the bottle.

But to you, it was the scariest thing ever.

To you, it meant something.

You all sat in a circle, which consisted of Malia Tate, Kira Yukimura, Scott McCall, Liam Dunbar, Theo Raeken, Mason Hewitt, Lydia Martin and most importantly, your crush for over 6 years, Stiles Stilinski.

He sat in between his best friend Scott and Lydia Martin, who everyone knew was his major crush. Of course she was, she was beautiful, had a perfect body and a perfect face. And not to mention her silky red locks. Everyone wanted Lydia Martin. You weren't surprised that Stiles did too.

"Okay, Scott, you're first." Kira giggled, obviously hoping that the bottle would land on her. Scott went ahead and span the bottle, which after what seemed like an awfully long time, finally landed on Malia.

After a small hesitation, they kissed; the lamest, and most quick kiss you had ever seen. After that awkwardness, it was Stiles's turn to spin the bottle, and your heart felt as if it was beating out of its chest.

He span the bottle, and it seemed like it went in slow motion. It finally stopped, and landed at...

Lydia

You gulped as you watched Lydia stand up, that stupid smile on her face as she walked over to stiles. She grabbed him by the collar and pressed her lipstick stained lips against his, and you looked away, trying not to roll your eyes.

They part, and the game finished when someone in the circle accidentally smashed the bottle, so everyone got up and got back to the party.

You stood at the counter, a drink in your hand as you watched a couple stand together. You felt something brush against your shoulder, and looked to see Stiles standing next to you.

Your heart flipped when you saw him smile at you. "Hey," he chuckled, and you smiled, tucking a lock of your hair behind your ear.

"Hey." You said, taking a sip of your drink. You looked at him, "I bet you enjoyed that game of Spin the Bottle,"

Stiles furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"Well, you got to kiss Lydia. Haven't you always liked her?" You asked him, finishing your drink.

To your surprise, Stiles shook his head. "Actually, no. I used to like her, but it was just a small crush."

"Wow, I just always assumed you liked her." You mumbled, placing your drink on the counter.

"No." Stiles said strongly. "God, you're really oblivious aren't you?

You furrowed your eyebrows, looking up at Stiles who just scoffed at you. "What? I don't understand."

"I like you, Y/N. Not Lydia. Not anyone else," Stiles explained, and you swear you couldn't feel your heart anymore.

"How could you? Me compared to Lydia? I'm not even a runner up." You told him, not believing what he was saying.

"You're everything, y/n. You may not think it, but you're perfect. I love the way you play with your hair when you're nervous, and when you click your fingers when you're excited. I love how your nose scrunches when you're smiling and how you snort when you laugh," Stiles chuckled, your cheeks turning to a dark red colour.

"You mean that?" You whispered, and relax when you felt his hand in top of yours, squeezing it gently.

"One hundred percent." He told you, and moved up beside you. "It's you, y/n. Only you."