forever || derek hale

— For @beautifulmax2001 I really hope you like this!

Home. I'm finally home.

After spending my long days studying abroad to qualify as a teacher, I finally got my degree. I did think about working in England, there are so many opportunities over there and going to London has always been a dream of mine. But then I thought about my little brother Stiles. I missed him, all the time when I was away. He caught me up on how he was doing, how school life was, what the Beacon Hills High gossip was. I remember being so happy when he told me about his new girlfriend. I half expected it to be Lydia, the red headed girl ("STRAWBERRY BLONDE!" Stiles would always correct me) but I knew that was a stretch. Last time I saw her was when she was going out with popular boy Jackson Whittemore, but Stiles told me they were well over, he moved back to London which Stiles had said because 'his Porsche got transported over seas and he had to travel across the sea to get it," which was total bullshit because that made no sense whatsoever. He told me about Malia, and showed me pictures. I've never been so happy for him, but I realized that I wanted to see his smile in person.

So here I am, in beacon hills, waiting outside my childhood home. Dad would still be at work, but Stiles and his best friend Scott would be here. They are always together.

I knock on the door, nerves enveloping my whole body so that my hands and legs are shaking. What if he doesn't recognize me? No, what am I thinking? In his sister for goodness sake.

The door swings open and I look up with my sterling blue eyes, and see my little brother all grown up, standing in front of me.

"Oh my god, y/n!" He gasps, and doesn't hesitate to wrap his weirdly long arms around me, kissing my cheek as he shuts the door behind me. He is taller in person, now I'm the one looking up.

"Stiles, you've gotten so big! I don't think people will believe it if I tell him I'm your older sister." I chuckle, stroking his arm. Stiles laughs, and I start to look around. Barely anything has changed, the same pictures of our family are still up on the wall, a picture of me and Stiles as babies in a frame in the counter. Dad's badges and police certificates are hung up around the room.

"Wow, just like I remember it." I smile, and hear not one, but many footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Hey Stiles h-" a voice I recognize as Scott's, starts to speak. He stops abruptly when he sees me, and I'm completely speechless. He is no longer the small, bed headed little boy I used to know. He's grown, and he has definitely been working out. He looks as fit as ever.

"Oh my god, y/n! It's been such a long time," he chuckles, jogging down the last few steps to welcome me with a warm hug. I return it, and notice two girls behind them, looking slightly confused. I recognize one of them as Malia.

"Oh, yeah," Stiles mutters, bringing me towards the two girls. "Y/n, this is Malia, my girlfriend, Malia this is my sister, y/n." Stiles introduces, and I hug Malia, telling her how nice it is to finally meet her.