art || isaac lahey

You huff in aggravation, pulling your coat tighter around your shaking body

You've been standing outside the gates of your apartment for over three hours, trying to convince passers to buy your paintings. Everyone just ignores your or grimaces at you in disgust.

You're on the point of giving up, but you see from the corner of your eyes that one of your paintings are being admired.

You turn to the person and they make eye contact. You look at him in awe. Now that is art.

"Hey! Do you like that piece?" You ask enthusiastically, wandering over to the boy with a blonde curly hair.

He nods, a half smile appearing on his lips. "They're all amazing. You're really talented." He chuckles, looking at all the paintings.

"You're the only one who seems to think so." You huff, sitting back onto your stool. You feel his eyes on you, but you ignore them.

"Well, how much are these paintings? One hundred dollars? Two hundred? Three?" He asks you and you let out a long laugh, knowing that they're not nearly that close of a worth.

"More like a dollar each painting," you tell him as you sit back, your eyes wandering to him as he studies your art. He picks one up of a man with glowing blue eyes, and raises it up towards you.

"I'll take this one," he tells you, walking toward you as he digs his left hand in his jeans pocket. You smile as he rummages through his pocket and produces a dollar note. You take it and stash it into your purse, kind of sad that he's going to leave, but you weren't going to show it.

But he lingers for a moment, then produces three one hundred dollar notes, and pushes it into your hands. "And a tip for bring a great artist, and the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

Before you can protest, he slips a paper with his number in your hand to and walks off with your painting, and you're left there, speechless.