protect eachother || jordan parrish

You wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of the printer running, and open your eyes to see your boyfriend Jordan standing by the printer with three papers in his hands

You glance at the clock beside you, and frown when it reads '2:04 AM'. "Babe," you groan, pushing the covers off of you. "Why are you up so early?"

When he doesn't reply, you know that something is wrong. Immediately, you roll out of bed and walk to his side, placing your hands gently on his bare shoulders. You look down on the papers that he's holding and a quizzical look appears on your face.

"What is that?" You ask him, and he shakes his head, letting out a shaky breath. He looks at you, sadness and fear clear in his eyes.

"You have to go."

Your eyebrows furrow in confusion what he had just told you. "What?"

"You have to leave Beacon Hills, y/n, now." He tells you again, desperation in his voice. You step back and avoid all eye contact with him.

"Why?" You ask, your voice breaking slightly, but you try to pull yourself together. "You don't love me anymore?"

"No!" He sighs, walking over to you, his hands rubbing your arms softly. "Of course I still love you. It's just that it's not safe here anymore. It's not safe for you."

You look up at his watering eyes. "Is it because of that list?" You ask him, to which he replies with a sad nod.

"I'm on it, y/n. They're going to kill me for money." He tells you, showing you the list. His finger runs over the list of names until it reaches his own.

"And me?" You ask him. His finger moves further down the page and stops when it says your name in capitals, being worth 40 million dollars. Your eyes wide at the amount, you're worth more than Scott McCall and Lydia Martin.

"You see? You have to leave, y/n. I can't let you get killed." He says, the same desperation in his tone again. He keeps eye contact with you as his eyebrows knit together, and you sigh.

"What about you, Jordan?" You whisper, biting your lip to stop yourself from crying. "I'm not leaving without you."

"You have to. You don't have a choice." Jordan mumbles, wrapping his muscular arms around your torso, pulling you closer to him. You wrap your own arms around his neck, your arms leaning on his shoulders.

"We always have a choice." You state, determination in your expression. "And my choice is that I'm either leaving with you or I'm not leaving at all."

"But what if you get killed?" Jordan asks, his voice cracked and brittle. "I couldn't live with myself if anything ever happened to you."

"And what if something happens to you, Jordan?" You retort, his warmth surrounding your body as you pull him closer to you. "I would hate for anything to happen to you too."

"But I can't leave Beacon Hills." Jordan groans, resting his forehead on yours. "Not now."

"Then neither can I. I told you, I'm not leaving without you." You tell him, closing your eyes as the two of you stay in silence for a while.

Jordan is the one to break the silence. "Then what do we do?"

"We protect each other." You tell him.