im here || cora hale

"YOU FAILED, Y/N

                     "YOU FAILED, Y/N. You broke the deal, now you have to be punished."

You frown in confusion as you look at Deucalion, then you let out a cry as Kali walks into the room, dragging your girlfriend Cora along with her. Cora is covered in blood, weak and beaten, unable to even walk properly.

"What did you do to her?" You scream, tears falling from your eyes as you watch Kali grab hold of her tight. "I said what did you do!"

"We beat her, quite obviously. We realized that emotional pain is far worse than physical pain. Watching a loved one get hurt...or perhaps die.

Your eyes wide as you see Kali drag her claws along Cora's neck, threatening to slit her throat. You turn to Deucalion and shake your head. "Please, please don't do this. She didn't do anything!"

"Yes, but you did, Y/N. You didn't finish your task. I needed that wolfsbane and you failed to bring it to me." Deucalion replies, then makes a gesture at Kali.

You turn your head as Kali slices her claw across Cora's neck, and blood sports everywhere as you watch Cora die.

"NO!"

You sit up and gasp, breaking into a cold sweat. You try to inhale and get air into your lungs, but you fail to receive it.

You feel a pair of hands rest on your shoulder, and suddenly then you can breathe again.

"Y/N? Y/n it's okay, you're alright." You hear your girlfriends soothing voice try to calm you down. Your breathing gradually turns to normal as she rubs your shoulders softly, bringing you close to her. She kisses the top of your head as you calm down.

"I'm sorry Cora, I didn't mean to wake you." You grumble, turning to face Cora, barley able to see her as your eyes haven't adjusted to the dark yet.

You feel her hand caress your cheek, and you lean into her touch. "It's okay. Did you have the same nightmare again?"

You nod uneasily. "Yes, only this one was far worse. You actually died in this one."

Cora wraps her arms around you as you rest your head on her shoulder, breathing in her warm scent of cinnamon and leaves. "Hey, it's not real life babe, okay? I'm here, I'll always be here."