full of lies || lydia martin

YOU'VE SIMPLY HAD enough

        YOU'VE SIMPLY HAD enough. You can't take it. The secrets, the lies, the fake stories. You can't help but feel like you've done something wrong, something that hurt her so she doesn't tell you anything. Maybe she's bored of you? All you do when you get home is think of the whole situation. You cry yourself to sleep thinking that you're not good enough for her, and she'd come home and reassure you, feeding you even more fake lies and tales to make you feel better, but it never works.

So you decide to confront her one day.

"Hey babe, sorry for being so late I had-" Lydia starts as she enters, her bag hanging from her shoulder, but frowns slightly when she sees you. You glare at her, arms crossed and head high.

"Lydia, we need to talk." You tell her simply and calmly, even though your heart is beating faster than lightning.

Lydia nods slowly as she shuts the door to your shared apartment, placing her bag on the rack before turning back to you. "What's wrong?"

"Lydia, I can't help but get the feeling that you're hiding things from me." You tell her, and you see her bite her lip, lowering her head. "We can't keep up this relationship if you're constantly lying to me Lyds!"

"I'm not - I'm not lying to you y/n. There are just some things I can't tell you for your safety." She tries to explain, but you scoff and shake your head in disbelief.

"My own safety? What am I, twelve? Lydia I think I can protect myself from whatever you're hiding." You hear yourself shouting.

"Not from this." She mumbles, and winces when she realises it was the wrong thing to say.

"For God's sake Lydia!" You shout at her, tears threatening to fall from your eyes. "Please, just - don't shut me out like you always do!"

Lydia inhales slowly and bites the inside of her cheek, looking anywhere but you. "I'm sorry, y/n. I can't tell you. I don't want to put you in any danger."

You sigh shakily, putting your arms by your side. "I can't do this anymore." You say, your voice breaking. "Lydia, if you can't tell me the truth then how are we supposed to work? How can we do this when our relationship is full of lies?"

"Please, y/n!" She begs, walking slowly towards you. "I love you!"

"I love you too, Lydia." You admit to her, but shake your head. "But I don't want to. Not when you're lying right to my face every time we talk."

After a long silence, Lydia finally breaks it. "You won't believe me if I tell you."

"Try me."

"Okay." She mumbles, taking your hand softly, but you snatch it away, your eyes narrowing.

"Just explain." You say.

"The - the supernatural, y/n it's real. All of it." She says, desperation clear in her emerald eyes. "The myths, the legends. They're real."

You look at her intensely, trying not to explode. "The supernatural?"

"Yes! Yes, y/n it's true. There are werewolves, werecoyotes, wendigos, chimeras," she explains. "Banshees..."

You sigh, and nod your head slowly. "Lydia." You say, licking your lips. "We're done."

Lydia inhales sharply and stares into your eyes, her lips parting slowly as her eyes fill with tears. "W-what?"

"We're done, Lydia. I thought you were going to take this seriously." You laugh painfully. "Then you say this. You're pathetic Lydia!"

Lydia tries to grab your arm but you push past her, ignoring her loud sobs as you grab your grey jumper, putting it on quickly.

"Please, y/n I'm not lying." Lydia cries, her mascara now running down her cheeks as she makes another attempt to grab your hands, but you move them away quickly.

"When you're ready to tell me the truth, I'll be there." You cry softly, your lip trembling as you look at Lydia one more time, then turn to the door to walk out into the night.

A/N

Holland is so gorgeous it's actually unreal like how does she do it, can she teach me her ways?