Dear Soulmate

Dear Soulmate,

There's that one thing that makes me smile every time I see you,

And it feels as though my heart swells bigger every single time.

I know we have not met yet, but I promise you that I will never leave you for another. 

I believe in soulmates in many forms.

Best friends, lovers, enemies.

I feel as though everything is destined to happen.

However, I would like you to know that whenever you feel submerged in dark, negative thoughts,

I will be the light.

Whenever you need advice,

I will be there.

Whenever you need wordless comfort late at night,

I'll be your shoulder to cry on.

Whenever you need reassurance, 

I will provide it.

And I place my full trust in the knowledge that you will do the same. 

Because at the end of the day, 

We are the lights at the end of each others tunnels. 

We are the only people who know things that even our own best friends have not figured out yet. 

We are the only ones who, at the end of the day, will stay up all night if needed, whether it be to provide reassurance.

I will be there for you, until the end of time. 

And that is a promise that I intend to keep. 

I am not to leave without saying that I look forward to the day we shall meet.

I hope to see you soon, 

Your very own Soulmate.

A/N~ Hey guys! I wrote a very short poem, because I do believe in soulmates. I know that I could very well have written as a story, but we're doing poetry in English for the next two weeks, so I thought why not try my hand at poetry? I suppose it was worth it, because I had fun writing this, tell me your thoughts and if y'all have any suggestions—poetry or story like—or thoughts, please comment them!