Chapter 17 [Slight Smut]

~Dante's P.O.V |Italics Is His Dream|~

I was quite a happy child. Especially when I was young. I jumped from the swingset and ran towards Liu and Jeff. Jack was standing close by on his phone.

"Liu! Liu!" A younger version of me yelled to get Liu's attention. He looked down and flashed me a smile. My younger self blushed and looked away.

"Hey, Dante." My brother and Jeff called.

I looked over, and everything turned black. I was no longer in the ground. Liu was nowhere in sight.

All that was in front of me, was my brother and Jeff staring at me with glares.

"Stop... Stop... STOP!" I yelled at them. I fell to the ground as they seem to morph to look like Devin and Jesse.

Both stared at me with blank eyes. They stared and stared. Doing nothing except staring at me. I couldn't take it anymore. I got up and ran.

I ran and ran. Away from Devin and Jesse. Away from everything.

I closed my eyes, and tears fell. They fell onto my scarf tinting it a slight grey.

I ran until I couldn't anymore. I stopped and fell to the ground. I slowly opened my eyes and saw every pasta staring down at me. Some argued with the person who stood over me. Liu.

I watched as harsh words were yelled. I closed my eyes and covered my ears with my hands.

I felt sick to my stomach listening to the words they had said.

"Why is he still here! He tried to murder someone who we were testing! Not everyone has that healing ability of his!" Someone yelled. People nodded in agreement.

I opened my tear filled eyes and stood up. I rushed over to the doors of the mansion and slammed them open. Everyone turned to look at me. Or so it seemed.

I walked out of the mansion. Away from the place I thought would be my new definition of 'home.' No one accepted me. I understood. Who would accept someone like me?

I looked up at the night sky. The stars sparkled with glee. The soft clouds floated overhead.

What have I done?

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

I took off my scarf and looked at my dog tag necklace. I let out a small smile. I heard my name being called.

"Dante! DANTE!" I turned and looked at Liu. A sad smile graced my face and I let out the switchblade.

I aimed it towards my heart. And stabbed.

"DANTE!" I jumped up and opened my eyes. My heart raced, I was sweaty and my vision was blurry. I shook my head and looked around once again.

The room that once smelled like pine and Liu now smelled of metallic blood. "W-wha...?" I mumbled, looking up at Liu. He looked worried. I didn't know why. I moved my arm up and put my hand on Liu's cheek. "What's up?..." I said weakly, smiling up at him.

"You worried both of us!" He and Sully yelled out, landing on top of me. I coughed slightly from the sudden pressure but wrapped my arms around Liu's body none the less.

"Hey, hey, I don't go down that easily," I whispered in his ear, moving one of my hands up to pet his soft brown hair. I kissed his cheek softly. "So..." I started slowly. "What's with the situation downstairs?" I asked, rolling out from under Liu and pinning him down on his bed.