Chapter 23

~Dante's P.O.V~

We took a step into the forest, and instantly, rustling noises came from all corners. Thinking it was just a casual mouse or rat, we continued going towards the mansion.

"I don't... think that's a mouse..." I suddenly hear Blade say. I whipped my head and saw a flash of something before it disappeared. I cautiously reached my hand for my switchblade before I felt something slice my face.

Liu hissed slightly before picking up the knife that whizzed past us. He picked it up slowly before sighing in annoyance.

"Jeff, do we really look like intruders, or did Slender send you, or some dumb shit like that?" Sully suddenly said, looking on top of a tree. I looked where Sully was looking and saw Jeff. He was standing on a tree branch and smiling down at us.

"It's just me saying welcome back." He said, taking a small step and holding the trunk of the tree.

A malicious smile spread across my face before I grabbed the knife from Liu and threw it at the branch Jeff was standing on.

"Hah! As if my knife would ever hurt me!" He grinned proudly, bouncing slightly on the branch before -you guessed it- it broke. Jeff fell down with a loud girly scream causing all three of us to burst into loud laughter.

"I never knew you were a girl now!" I gasped out, having to lean on Liu for support. As I did so, I felt his body move up and down as he continued to laugh.

"I'm not! Anyways... Who's he?" He asked, grabbing his knife that was stuck on the tree branch and then pointing at Blade with the knife.

"Honestly, if you're trying to look intimidating, it's not working really well if you have a couple a thousand leaves on your head, don't you think?" Blade jokingly said. Jeff paused before flipping his hair to get rid of all the leaves.

"He's Blade. A friend of mine I met in sophomore year." I said, patting Blade's back.

He nodded and looked at Jeff.

"Huh," Jeff said, before shrugging. "Are you guys finally going to be coming back?" He asked, turning around to the general direction of where the mansion was.

"Yeah..." I sighed, looking onto the ground. Jeff, Liu, and Blade all saw this and decided to pat my back.

"Hey, don't worry. I'll be there with you." A soft voice said, causing the other three to look around widely. I looked at the three and chuckled.

"Cloud, can you come out?" I asked, looking up at the sky. A few seconds pass before Cloud came down.

"Heyo~" He hummed, floating slightly above the forest ground to avoid touching it.

The others looked even more confused than they were previously and just looked at me to Cloud. I looked at their bewildered faces and tried my hardest not to laugh. I looked over at Cloud, seeing him do the same thing before he looked at me. Once he did so, we both burst out laughing.

"You three all look like dumbasses!" I giggled, holding my stomach.

Cloud just continued snickering and nodded in agreement.

I smiled at the three as they continued laughing. That was until some more rustling sounded.

I stopped suddenly and looked around. "Hey, Jeff. Did anyone follow you?" I asked, instantly looking over at a bush that just rustled. He didn't say anything and shrug, just casually looking at the bush.

A few seconds of silence pass before a scalpel comes whizzing Cloud's way.

"Woah!" Cloud yelped, flying up to avoid the scalpel.