Chapter 24 [Songfic]

~Dante's P.O.V~

There's a special day every year. The day we celebrate our birth. Our birthdays. I always used to have to celebrate my birthday myself... or even with Andru before I killed him. In short, I was lonely after the truck incident.

However... Today seemed to be the first year I'm celebrating my birthday here. Most of the other pastas seemed like they either didn't age, or they just didn't know their birthdays.

I woke up with a jolt, drenched head to toe in sweat. An image of Kumo's dead body appeared in my head, causing me to shiver violently.

"Babe... Shhh, Shhh, it's okay. He's not here..." A sleepy voice said as an arm wrapped around my torso. I lied back down and looked over at Liu.
His brown hair seemed to glow in the morning sun, it was messy from the tossing and turning he did during the night. The arm he had wrapped around my torso pulled me close to his chest. I let out a small sigh of comfort and turned over, closing my eyes again... only to have my ass pulled towards Liu's crotch.

"Love you~" Sully answered, watching as I froze as I felt something on my lower half.

I turned scarlet and turned back to look at Liu. My face was still scarlet so someone had fun teasing me about it.

"Awe~ You still turn so red because of me!~" Liu hummed happily.

"Shut up..." I mumbled, shoving my face into his chest and closing my eyes.

I felt something touch my head softly. He had started petting my head.

"Rest some more, my love." I heard Liu say before I ended up passing out in his arms.

Or, so I thought.

~Liu's P.O.V~

"Is he asleep?" Sully asked, looking at the sleeping Dante.

"Mhm." I hummed, slowly taking my arms off of Dante. "Should we do it now?" I asked, moving my hand to touch Dante's copper-colored haired, which seemed to glow in the sunlight.

"Yeah." Sully said, forcing both of us up and out of the bed.

We sat up on the bed, taking one last glance at Dante before going to the bags we dropped by the door last night. Rummaging through it, I found a black tank top. I tore off the shirt that was already on me, slipping into the black sleeveless shirt.

I glanced around before opening the door to my bedroom and walking out. My baggy sweats almost dragged on the floor as I walked down the hallway to the living room.

"Morning." I turned and saw the two twins. I rolled my eyes and continued walking.

"W-wait!" I heard Jesse call out. I ignored him and continued walking down the stairs.

"Didn't you hear my brother? He wants you to wait for him." I let out a sigh and turned, looking down at the two.

"What." I hissed, annoyed since it was Dante's birthday, and I needed to prepare things.

"I'm... I'm sorry." Jesse said, stuttering slightly under our glare.

Sully shook our head and began walking towards the couch. "Get lost."

Jesse's shoulder slumped slightly, causing his brother to yell something before stopping himself and bringing Jesse to another part of the living room.

'So annoying...' Sully thought, causing me to nod in agreement.

After a few minutes of silence, Jeff and Jack stumbled down the stairs in their pajamas.