Whiplash

I couldn't help the laughter that rolled out

I couldn't help the laughter that rolled out. It's Wednesday, we ate lunch an hour ago and now we're swimming around in the in-door pool that the hotel offers. We as in myself, Renee and the boys.

Renee, who is sitting at the edge of the pool with her feet dangling in it, just got done telling me about how a guy took her hat while they were in the process of filming an episode of Total Divas a while back.

"That sounds like Dean!" She nods at my statement, laughing as well. I play with the lace stomach panel on my one-piece

"It was insane! But speaking of insane, how are you? I heard you had a rather interesting night Monday on into Tuesday."

I shake my head a bit before I pull myself up to sit beside her. "I'm still exhausted. We went shopping, we went to the movies, we went to more shopping, and then we got something to eat. But that's not even it." I turn my head to look at her. "He kept me up until three this morning, just texting."

Renee's eyes widen a bit before she rapidly blinks. "He loves going to sleep early though!" I shrugged. "Jasmine what if this fight between him and whatever her name is, is more serious than we think?"

I look back up at her before looking at Seth who is doing laps in the deeper part of the pool. I get up and make my way over there, gently pushing one side of my black bathing suit strap up closer on my neck. Seth notices me and swims in my direction as I take a seat on the edge of the pool, letting my legs lightly kick under the water.

I look down at him as he throws an arm over the side of the pool. "Hey, so um..." I purse my lips before I continue. "Don't get mad at this, but is there more than just the fight going on between you and Sarah?"

Before he can look away, I see a brief pang of hurt in his eyes. He puts his other arm over the side of the pool before looking back up at me. "It was a big fight. A huge fight." He tries to look away but I stop him with a look. "It was a fight about you."

My heart just dropped. "You fought about me?" He nods. I look away, at a loss for words.

"Alright hold on. It's probably not what you're thinking, alright?"

I look back at him, opening my mouth and shutting it multiple times before I inhale deeply. I nod to myself. "It's not what I'm thinking, eh? So, she doesn't want you to stop talking to me because of how close you and I are?" He closes his eyes. "Thought so."

I stand up and I feel his hand on my ankle lightly. "No no no, no. I have more to say." He pulls himself out of the pool, and I feel our group watching us. "Do you even want to hear what I said?" I tilt my head to one side, raising a eyebrow. "I told her how insane she is-"

I cut him off, shaking my head and trying not to laugh. "She isn't insane though. We are crazily close. We have had two disagreements in the entire time of knowing each other." I look up at him. "Hell, if I was in her shoes, I'd be a little worried too. I mean, look at this. You came to my room late because you couldn't sleep. You couldn't sleep because you were arguing with Sarah, about me might I add. You then kept me up late the next night when everyone knows you like to go to bed early, and wake up bright and early."