We Need To Talk

We burst backstage and I jog straight to the trainer's room, or at least try to. My vision is blurring still. It was a hard hit, and my head hurts as well as my neck. I'm met by the trainer at the door to her room.

"Turn around and come to the back door." I stop jogging, panting just a bit while looking at the trainer completely confused. "Ambulance is on the way."

I nod before turning and stumbling. I shake my head a bit before trying to walk again. Suddenly both my arms are being lifted. I look to my left and see Roman. I look to my right and see Dean. They both get an arm around me and help me to the back door, Dean apologizing every step of the way.

"Dean, accidents happen." I look at him as we stop at the back door. I pull my arms back and lean against the wall. "You told me what you were doing. I tried to get my footing and then I lost it. This is not your- hey look at me." He had started to look down, but he brings his eyes to mine again. "This is not your fault. Besides, I'm sure I'm fine."

"If you were fine, you wouldn't be waiting for an ambulance." We all turn our heads in the direction of the new voice to see Elias along with Seth, Sarah, and Galina. "Renee couldn't join us, she's doing interviews."

"Look, it's purely precautionary to send me to the hospital. I took a head bump. They want to make sure I don't have a concussion." I shrug. "But this isn't Dean's fault."

"What happened out there then?"

"I lost my footing. " My eyes meet Elias' full on and they are still stormy and filled with the same concern as when we were in the ring. "He gave me a heads up on what he was doing. I was going for a shoulder bump, but I lost my footing."

We hear a knock on the back door and I open it, being met with the ambulance. My vision blurs again as I turn and look back at the group before wordlessly climbing in..

----------------

It is now Wednesday and I'm just leaving the hospital

It is now Wednesday and I'm just leaving the hospital. I have a minor concussion and I am still with a grade one strain on my neck. I'm off of the house shows again this week and weekend. I'll get checked again Monday for any symptoms. I want to scream.

I'm leaning against the side of the building toying with the hem of the loose fitting red dress Sarah brought for me change into as I wait for the car to come. Sarah and Galina are waiting with me, but it is deathly quiet. I step out of my black ballet flats that have a bow on the toe of them and sigh as my feet touch the concrete.

"What's taking so long?" I finally had to break the silence. Sarah looked at me.

"Probably just a bit of a build up. It happens, especially at this hospital." I groaned as I leaned my head that was covered with Seth's cable knit beanie back on the building.

"You know other things build up too Jasmine." I look at Galina out of the corner of my eyes, raising an eyebrow. "You and Elias-"

I cut her off with a groan. "Elias and I are friends. That's all we'll probably ever be. He's got no interest in me."