You Really Are Beautiful

I was knocked almost breathless upon arriving

I was knocked almost breathless upon arriving. The place was beautiful. The name of the restaurant, I believe he said is Court of Antoine's. It was a really upscale looking place with a courtyard sitting in the back. Elias and the host share a brief and hushed conversation before a waitress is ushering us out to the back.

 Elias and the host share a brief and hushed conversation before a waitress is ushering us out to the back

I couldn't help the gasp that escaped my lips. The lights hanging from the twisting branches that greeted us were just stunning. Each table cloaked in a white, smooth, and soft cloth with four padded chairs that had elegant designs decorating their back. It was almost like something you'd see from a movie. 

Elias pulls out my chair for me, gently trying to push my seat in after I sit before taking his own seat. 

"Here are your menus, I'll give you a moment to look through them. What you like to drink?"

"Two sweet teas," Elias says in an almost dismissive tone as he doesn't even steal a glance at the waitress. Meanwhile, I'm staring at her almost in awe of her beauty. She's short a little taller than I am, thanks to her shoes, with long brown hair that is so neatly pinned in a half-up hair style. She's a twig with the most beautiful face, features finding a way to be both prominent yet soft, especially her emerald green eyes. She nods and goes her own way, breaking the trance I was in. My eyes drift to Elias. "You should stop staring at me, and look through menu princess."

I softly chuckles. "I like to look at you, is all." I pick up my menu and begin to mull over what I want. I feel eyes on my face now, causing me to shift slightly in my seat.  "Look at who is staring now." 

He himself chuckles this time, as he rests a hand gently on one of my wrists. "I like to look at you, is all. You really are beautiful." I look up quickly at those words. 

As I begin to shake my head, our waitress come back.

"Your two sweet teas." She places them gently down. "Do you need a minute more or-"

"Yes, to start us off we'd like an order of pommes de souffles. Which, you should probably bring that out before we finish placing our order, yes?"

The waitress blinks before nodding. "I'll be back with your starter and to take your order. " She scurries off.

My eyes return to Elias' face to see him looking back at me. "You really are beautiful."