My heart: 4

Peeta P.O.V

Finally out of that fucking jail... I can't wait to see Katniss. She told me to meet her in the quad at noon. It's only 10 now so I still have two hours. I decide to go meet my roommates. On my schedule it says I am rooming with Finnick Odair, Marvel Quaid, Cato Swords, and Gale Hawethorn. Luckily I know all the guys and were cool so this is going to be a great year.

I walk through the door and see Finnick. Of course I have to scream.

"ODAIR HE IS."

"Love you too bro."

We do a manly hug and brofist. I walk into the living room where I see all the guys.

"Hey bros."

"PPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

They run up to me and.....no

Let's just say it ends up with me on the bottom and they guys dog piling me.

"Guys can't breathe."

But really I could breathe. It's my heart. I run up into my room but I keep tripping. My heart hurts. It feels like it's getting stabbed. I'm not sure what's happening. I didn't tell Katniss this but my heart is failing. I've never had this happen before. I call my doctor to ask what's happening.

"Dr. Shepard."

"Sir...I'm Pe..Peeta Mellark....my heart......it.its.in pain......what do I...do?"

"Peeta, take deep, the reason for this is your heart can't take in what you just did. i forgot to tell you this but.. You can't get too excited or too frustrated. Anything that causes your blood pressure to raise, what your expressing now, that's going to happen. I need to go now but call if its not working just remember, deep breaths."

I try to breathe. It seems to be working. So basically he is saying that I can never be the real me. I can't be too happy, too sad, or even too mad. But that's what I do. I get extremely excited for stupid stuff.

The pain finally stops and I walk back out to the living room. The guys look at me with confused expressions.

"I have something to explain to you guys." I tell them the story. What happened and what is happening now. I'm pretty sure they won't understand but oh well. I also tell them about my tiny crush on Katniss.

Ever since that day. The day we met. When I gave her the half of heart. To me, in my head, I gave her my love.Even though a 5 year old doesn't even know what love is, something inside of me opened.