Darkness

This chapter goes to I_Like_Peeta-Bread__ so congrats and I hope you like it!

ENJOY!!

Katniss P.O.V

When I awake I sit up and take a deep breath. I look to my left to see Peeta. Thank god!

I lay back down on his arm and close my eyes. It was all just a dream.

Peeta's arm starts to curl and my face is in the crook of his neck and my hands are on his broad chest. I never realized how toned he is. He has a freakin six-pack.

"You okay Katniss?"

"Ya why?" I ask with suspicion in my voice.

He unravels me and looks me in the eyes.

"Kat... I need to tell you something."

"What's that?"

"Remember why I was gone for so long?"

"Ya... Look I don't like remembering that da-"

"Katniss. I have cancer..."

I don't dare to look at him. So instead I stare up at the sky. I let drops of tears flow down my face but wipe them quickly.

"It's going to be okay. Your not going to die." I say trying to sound confident.

He stays quiet for a moment and sits up. He stares at the waves the tumble. I sit up and turn to him.

"Your not dying right?" I ask with now a suspicious tone.

"Kat.. I've been trying to find ways to tell you this. I'm not sure how long I can last. The cancer won't allow me to do basically anything. That's why I asked you to come out here today. My heart can't take it when I'm around you."

I scoot back a little bit.

"Are you saying I can never see you again or hang out with you?"

"Kat I don't want to hurt you."

"HURT ME?! YOU SAY YOU DON'T WANT TO BE AROUND ME BECAUSE YOU'LL HURT ME?"

"Kat... If i'm with you...I basically die an-"

"So your saying if you die, I'll be the reason for this." I say with hurt in my voice.

"Kat...I can't be happy or sad or mad or anything, because if I am, I could die. My heart can't take it and it's weak and the cancer isn't helping either. You don't know how hard it was for me to just push you away. I've had nightmares about you hating me forever and never speaking again."

I stand up and brush the sand off my body.

"Your nightmare is reality isn't it."

I storm off.

Peeta P.O.V

Oh god my heart hurts, but Katniss. I walk in front of her and try to stop her but end up just walking backwards trying to stop her.

"Get away from me Peeta, I could kill you remember!"

I stop in my tracks. I can't take this anymore.

"STOP!"

For once in her life she actually listens to my command.

She turns around and I walk up to her.

"You wanna know the reason why I can't be with you!"

"Yes! For heavens sake I really do becaus-"

"GOD DAMMIT KATNISS! IT'S BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!"

She stays quiet surprised about what I said.

"I thought you were joking."

"Well news flash, I really....really.. do."

My head is spinning.

"Peeta are you okay?"

When did Katniss get 3 faces?

"Katniss.... Call... the ...doctor."

With that I fall into a pit of darkness unknown to my next move.