Back Then: 2

Katniss P.O.V

"Come here Catpiss!"

I look at the girl speaking to me. She has short black hair. Her name was Clove. We were best friends in elementary school. A guy named Cato came up to me and was pushing me on the swings. She came up to me and pushed me off. Her and Cato laughed at me. That was scar one I made on my arm. Peeta rushed over to me and carried me. He is so strong, and i was so weak. How can opposites attract? In my eyes, I was a fool. Peeta had basically every girl hit on him, and he chose me...Out of everyone, I was the lucky girl that Peeta chose. How can Mr. Popular be friends with Miss Loser? Everyday i still wonder about if I never met Peeta.

"Aye! Brainless make me some food."

I nod my head and rush over to the kitchen. I grab some pasta noodles and boil them. I put alfedo and marinara sauce and mix them together. Peeta taught me this. He calls it his "pink sauce". I put the noodles into 4 bowls. I grab a tray and bring them out. I serve it to them and they give me a disgusted look. They begin eating their food. I rush back into my room and sit down on my bed. I grab a pillow and quietly let tears begin to fall. One after another.

I can't do this

I'm not worth anyones time

Why am I alive?

These just repeat in my head. I wish I could die. My mother, father, and sister all died in a car crash and I was stuck here. I was in the same car, but how come everyone else died but me. Why was I left out? I never told anyone about my family, not even Peeta. By the time I snap back into reality, I am full on crying.

I hear a quiet knock. A red headed girl walks into my room. I quickly turn away and try to wipe away my tears.

(Annie-Bold Katniss-Italic)

"Hi Katniss. I'm Annie."

I wave my hand

"Katniss, I'm not like the other girls, you can trust me. I'm actually quite friendly in my opinion."

"Hi Annie. You don't seem so bad."

"I'm not, I'm just friends with them, I'm in their group. I'm sure the girls would love to have you too."

I shake my head "No they would hate that."

"What happened between you guys?"

"It doesn't matter, it's in the past."

I try to walk out of my room but Annie quickly grabs my wrist.

She looks down and sees the one scar across my wrist and all she says is, "Why?"

"I used to friends with all of them in school, they all backstabbed me, I was done with all of the bullying. I thought this would help me. People said it was the way to release your anger on the world. So I did it."

She looks into my eyes with sympathy. She holds my wrist and drags me back out to the room with the girls. Annie looks like she is about to explode. What is she doing?