Forget or Forgive

Peeta P.O.V

My chest hurts. I guess that's what happens when the girl you love just rips your heart out. I stand up to walk out of the classroom. Katniss is resting her leg on the wall with lockers. Once she comes out she runs over to me. She tackles me so hard that we both fall to the ground. She lands on top of me. When I look up.....I see the gray sparkle. The color I have loved for quite some time. The beautiful color that makes me want to bring myself out and open. That color belongs in the eyes of the one I love. I don't know how I fell so fast..but I did. And I'm glad.I stand up and help her as well.

"Sorry.." That's all she says.

When I look at her I see the tear stains that is just beneath her eyes. I can see the sadness in her heart. I can read my best friend like an open book.

"It's alright." I say back in a quiet tone.

"Peeta...I'm sorry. Me....I-I...don'tknow how to say this but....I've never said it to someone outside of my family before but....Peeta....I love you."

"Katniss stop. I know your trying to make me feel bette-"

"What if I'm not." she interrupts me in mid-sentence.

"What if I'm not just trying......What if I was too scared...." She says starting to get teary eyed.

"Katniss-"

"NO! Stop.....Peeta how many times do you want me to say it?! I love you I love you I love you I love you I lo-"

I stopped her with a kiss.....

........It's...warm.....her lips are soft..the kiss is passionate and slow, but then again....filled with love..

When we part. Our foreheads still touch. I look slightly up to see the color I love and full of hope.

"Peeta....I need to tell you something..."

"What is that?" I say in a low, quiet, curious voice.

"I fell in love with my best friend." She says with a smile.

"It sucks because I did too and she's such a weirdo-" She punches me while smiling.

"Shut up you jerk."

We laugh like old times.

"Hey Kat wanna come over?"

"Sure why not?"