chapter 16

Alex pov

*three weeks later*

"come on Alex lets go home." Ricky said trying to get me to come back to the house with him.

"if you wanna go back, go back Ricky...im not stopping you" I said looking at him. he walked closer to me and I looked up at him since he is taller than me. he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his torso and he got closer to me.

"im not leaving you here alone. "

"ill be fine"

"I wanna protect you though. I feel like its my job to make sure you and the baby will be safe" he said placing a hand on my stomach. butterflies fluttered in my stomach once he did that.

whoa what.

no...I cant be falling for Ricky. im just starting to get over Kian.

but Ricky has been taking care of me and making sure im alright. Kian...he hasn't even came by to check on me to see if I was okay...not like I wanted him too but it would be a nice gesture to show that he cares.

"but its not your job.." I said

"I want it to be. I wanna show you that I care about you and the baby. I wanna show you I could be the one for you...not Kian" he said and I looked at him.

"what are you saying Ricky?"

"that I love you Alex." he said his face close to mine. I bit my lip and his hands were still on my waist.

"really?"

"really." he leaned down and placed his lips on mine and I kissed back slowly.

wait no...no no no I love Kian.

I pulled away and looked away.

"what's wrong?" he asked.

"you know im not over Kian..." I trailed off. I looked up at him and he looked upset but nodded his head.

"I know. I just wanted to you know at least get one kiss" he smiled and I kissed his cheek.

"thank you so much Ricky. im thankful for you watching out for me." he tucked some hair behind my ear and smiled.

"any thing for you" he replied.

I watched him grab his stuff and head to the door. he stopped and turned around

"you sure you don't wanna come home?"

I thought about it and grabbed my stuff and checked out the hotel and went home with Ricky.

oh this is gonna be really awkward.