Chapter 57 - Abby

Things are starting to go back to normal with my routine — workout and breakfast with my girl then filming with her and I couldn't be fucking happier. Our anniversary is coming up and Liv has been blatantly "hinting" about how she wants another dog to make it an even four at the house. I really want to get her another dog but we both know that our work schedules are so hectic it's already hard being with the three dogs. We're lucky Kevin and Angie don't mind dog sitting for us two to three times a month.

"Munch! Let's go! We're gonna be late!" My girl shouts after me from the garage door, impatiently. "I'm coming! Hold on!" I shout back, getting the last of my stuff together before running downstairs after my girl. Olivia is already sitting in the driver's seat of the car, already in reverse ready to back out of the garage. The dogs are also in the car with us. I hop into the car and buckle my seatbelt, "sorry! Sorry! I forgot my sides," I said to Olivia who I could tell was almost on the verge of getting annoyed about waiting on me. "Do you have everything, now?" She teased putting the car in reverse and driving off. "Yeah, do you?" I raise an eyebrow at her. Liv is always ready, the night before she's ready to go for the next day, she has her outfit planned, her bag packed, and breakfast prepped.

"We have the live tweet tonight on set," I remind Liv while scrolling through my phone. "Yeah, I have a meeting with Angie and the lawyer and an interview for my new assistant too," Liv sighs. Angie has finally accepted the position of CFO of their company after months and months of Liv pushing since she's doing all the duties of a CFO anyways, Angie negotiated that she still get to travel on work trips with Olivia which was her favorite part of the job. Liv isn't too keen on finding a new assistant though, she doesn't think she needs one or doesn't want a new one because Angie was the one for her and after working with Angie myself I know why too.

"Babe, it'll be okay. You guys will find an assistant that Angie will train to a T!" I reassure her, placing my hand on the nape of her neck and lightly scratching her head which always soothes her. Liv tends to carry all her tension in her neck so she's constantly rolling her neck and I'm always massaging her to help ease the tension. "I know but...I just don't like change like that. I have to learn and get to know a complete stranger...like I won't be able to pull the same shit I do with Angie with this new person," she whines and I know she means being utterly insufferable and giving Angie a hard time with packing and waking up or just being a human being. "Yeah, because you shouldn't give anyone a hard time like that," I chuckle because she gets away with that shit with me all the fucking time.

"Oh, so I was talking to Ellen and she asked me again if I wanted to invest in this property a couple doors down from her old Malibu estate, she had her realtor send over the info and the house is gorgeous! I've always dreamed of owning a beach house," Liv says with a hint of hesitancy in her voice. "Really? I mean, that'd be really cool and I know you've always wanted a beach house. It's up to you," I reply because who am I to say what Liv should and shouldn't invest her money in. Realty is definitely a common investment.

"Yeah, is that something you would be interested in investing in too?" She asks me, very hesitantly. "Not right now, my first house is still in escrow! It took that long to sell it," I reply, unbuckling my seatbelt and gathering my stuff to help my girl unload the dogs who are already accustomed to our set and trailer. "Mitchi, come!" I beckon the black shiba who, since the day I met her I've had a connection with. Together, Liv and I walk the dogs into the trailer then quickly make our way to hair and makeup.

Before we walk into the trailer we can already hear the music playing, I know instantly that it's Olivia's new single with the band! They worked so fucking hard on this single, I remember going to the studio with Liv and watching them record the song raw — it's a song Nathan wrote about the two of us apparently, he said our love inspired it. The two of them played two pianos seamlessly at the same time together and recorded it live in studio, literally on the first take.